FFS and others please give feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

DRC - don't get caught up in the bone movements....

You are always creating a TURNING pressure with the rear upper leg towards your groin - not a sideways pressure.

You are trying to resist that turning pressure with your hips and lower back and upper back.

The moment your barrel gets turned to launch the swing - the rear leg turning pressure has nothing resisting it....the rear leg fires so to speak....

Mar 12, 2009
DRC - don't get caught up in the bone movements....

You are always creating a TURNING pressure with the rear upper leg towards your groin - not a sideways pressure.

You are trying to resist that turning pressure with your hips and lower back and upper back.

The moment your barrel gets turned to launch the swing - the rear leg turning pressure has nothing resisting it....the rear leg fires so to speak....

But, on the coiling of the rear hip, you are trying to feel the pressure on the leg/knee/foot by trying to rotate away from the groin and not allow the back foot of a right handed hitter to turn clockwise...correct?

R

RayR

I feel it in my groin mostly - If you are feeling it in your leg, knee or foot I would say you are not turning the rear femur in against the rear hip....

But, on the coiling of the rear hip, you are trying to feel the pressure on the leg/knee/foot by trying to rotate away from the groin and not allow the back foot of a right handed hitter to turn clockwise...correct?

Mar 12, 2009
I read your post from the technical thread today where you explained how you want the rear upper leg to have pressure inward toward the groin and it clicked. You've actually been saying that here but I guess my mind was set the other way. I swore I read on here from FFS that you wanted to try to turn the rear upper leg towards the catcher without letting the foot turn clockwise. I'm sure I just misread it but dang...now maybe my dd will have a better coil cause crazy dad isn't giving her wrong information. I see now you can turn the rear upper leg/knee towards the pitcher and still turn the hip back around toward 3rd base causing a real good coil and feel the forward by coil more! Thank you!!

R

RayR

Hope it helps! For the record - I never endorsed what FFS was saying about this as you just described it.

I give credit where credit is due - Rich from HI set me straight on the missing pieces....

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I read your post from the technical thread today where you explained how you want the rear upper leg to have pressure inward toward the groin and it clicked. You've actually been saying that here but I guess my mind was set the other way. I swore I read on here from FFS that you wanted to try to turn the rear upper leg towards the catcher without letting the foot turn clockwise. I'm sure I just misread it but dang...now maybe my dd will have a better coil cause crazy dad isn't giving her wrong information. I see now you can turn the rear upper leg/knee towards the pitcher and still turn the hip back around toward 3rd base causing a real good coil and feel the forward by coil more! Thank you!!

I can't get the gif from HI that TM made while on my phone, but I think it helps simplify coiling. It was a gif of Pujols hitting...then a picture of a coil spring was put over him...the bottom of the spring at his rear hip socket top of the spring at his shoulder. In basic thoughts, you want to coil or tighten the spring, mostly on the bottom, then you turn the bottom of the spring with rear leg "drive", still keeping it tight coiled while holding the top of the spring from turning, then release the top of the spring, uncoiling the bat into the ball.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Hope it helps! For the record - I never endorsed what FFS was saying about this as you just described it.

I give credit where credit is due - Rich from HI set me straight on the missing pieces....

I went to that site one day (don't throw stones...lol) and I truly believe he probably knows something but I didn't respect anything with all the name calling and belittling of almost everyone it seemed.

R

RayR

There is no one that understands that better then me....and I can only say that he has been very helpful and a gentleman during our recent email exchanges....

I went to that site one day (don't throw stones...lol) and I truly believe he probably knows something but I didn't respect anything with all the name calling and belittling of almost everyone it seemed.

I just wanted to clarify one thing with femur. The action is an internal rotation (turning the femur bone towards the groin) not adduction (pressing sideways towards the groin).

If you adduct the femur you will bump the hips a bit laterally. If you IR the femur your butt should stick out a bit and a crease should form in your groin....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I can't get the gif from HI that TM made while on my phone, but I think it helps simplify coiling. It was a gif of Pujols hitting...then a picture of a coil spring was put over him...the bottom of the spring at his rear hip socket top of the spring at his shoulder. In basic thoughts, you want to coil or tighten the spring, mostly on the bottom, then you turn the bottom of the spring with rear leg "drive", still keeping it tight coiled while holding the top of the spring from turning, then release the top of the spring, uncoiling the bat into the ball.

PujolsAxisSpring.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06