DD pitching practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
She's throwing with an 11. It's hard to tell but I'm at 35 ft and so is the camera. It's just zoomed in. The camera was on top of a ball bucket and it makes her throws look arced. They were fairly flat. We have a few months before she will be on the mound. Her ball skills have jumped tremendously in the past week. I was rolling the balls back to her at the beginning of practice but I got scolded for not throwing them back like I would for a "big" pitcher. Throwing them back scares worries me since she's just learning to catch to.

Jul 21, 2008
Looks like she's having fun and that is all that matters at age 6. Keep it fun and she will continue to want to pitch. Make it like work and she will not want to pitch at age 10 or 12.

May 25, 2010
She's throwing with an 11. It's hard to tell but I'm at 35 ft and so is the camera. It's just zoomed in. The camera was on top of a ball bucket and it makes her throws look arced. They were fairly flat. We have a few months before she will be on the mound. Her ball skills have jumped tremendously in the past week. I was rolling the balls back to her at the beginning of practice but I got scolded for not throwing them back like I would for a "big" pitcher. Throwing them back scares worries me since she's just learning to catch to.

Cool!

But my most sincere advice is to give her a 10" ball and move her to 30'.

May 18, 2009
Received news today that there will be 5 or 6 TB 8u teams in our region. The mound will be at 30ft but throwing an 11. Regular softball rules except for a five run rule. The TB teams around here are working on setting all the parameters, not sure on the dropped strike three yet.

May 25, 2010
Received news today that there will be 5 or 6 TB 8u teams in our region. The mound will be at 30ft but throwing an 11. Regular softball rules except for a five run rule. The TB teams around here are working on setting all the parameters, not sure on the dropped strike three yet.

They should start by getting the right size ball.

You'll be the smart one by avoiding altogether a group of teams that think there even needs to be a conversation about dropped third strike in 8u.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand