Skull Sessions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2024
A friend of mine runs these for his baseball travel team, but obviously being for baseball, not the same thing. My team are all 13 with one 12 year old playing 14u. We have a ton of talent, but when it comes to Game IQ, its almost non existent. Where can i find videos, that goes over game situations that we can sit down as a team and go over all different situations. I feel seeing it may help them a little better. i have looked and really couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance .

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I can't answer your question with a source but I can recommend that you watch The College World Series with the players. Write down questions/situations, and talk to them about how to play the game. Typically, it was hard to get everyone there but if you can get key players there, they can help teach the team.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Mandatory reading for your players. Give them this book, review it with them and refer back to it for the rest of their playing careers.
"Heads Up Baseball: Playing the Game One Pitch at a Time" by Tom Hanson and Ken Ravizza

Apr 8, 2019
Mandatory reading for your players. Give them this book, review it with them and refer back to it for the rest of their playing careers.
"Heads Up Baseball: Playing the Game One Pitch at a Time" by Tom Hanson and Ken Ravizza
This book had a big impact on my DD

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Don't know if anyone has tried it, I have gotten teaser e-mails for inmotionplaybooks.com, seemed interesting and may be good for presenting to your kids. I believe it is a monthly subscription, not too bad cost-wise if it gets results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie