Best, or saddest, comment made by your DD...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Ivy's Dad: DD's team is a bit better than 3-12-1, but certainly not 0.500. Tough year going from 12U-14U, especially this time of year when the Freshman high school varsity players are now with their club teams. DD's has take n her share of losses pitching, but it's ll part of the learning process.

We've probably lost to some of the same teams, playing in some of the same events.

We have a local event this weekend, then off to PONY Nationals in NC. The girls are excited, pins are ordered and we're ready to end the season on a high note, even if they don't win a game.

Good Luck.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Tie ball game 2-2. My DD in the circle. Runner on 2nd. She grooves a two strike screwball to their 8 hitter. Girl hits a double, so I call time out to calm her down. I walk out for the conference, she looks at me with a tear in her eye and says "my bad". Thats when I knew she could pitch. You just gotta say "go get the next hitter" and walk away with your chin up.

Aug 21, 2008
At the end of a JV game (summer softball in Iowa) in which our JV pitcher walked 8 hit 4 and walked in the winning run for the other team, my daughter approaches me after the game. She is a Sophomore and has been a strong travel ball player since 3rd grade who hit over .500 on JV this season. With tears in her eyes, "I am playing with the bottom of the barrel. Am I really that bad??" My response besides sharing a few tears with her was that she has control only over certain decisions and that her response to the situation is what is important, not the outcome.

Hopefully bad situations will allow other doors to open.

Jan 24, 2011
Was in the championship game (had to be beat twice) this past weekend. We had the option to choose HOME or VISITORS (I always choose HOME in this situation) , but my girls begged me to bat first since we hadnt been HOME all day long. They said , "lets bat first , score and end this game right now." I felt proud that my 12u team had finally gotten a bit of killer instinct.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
While preparing for a road trip to a tournament; "Dad, can we leave a few hours early on Thursday? I want to visit a couple of colleges on the way." and hands me a map.

She is a 15yo incoming Junior.

CoachJ5513

BlueJ5513
Sep 29, 2010
Texas
My 12 yo playing a 14u "national event" -
(1) "I know the umpires don't care who wins, but I wish they would realize that we do."
(2) "The worst part about this game is that all of their girls will have graduated before I get to high school to pay them back."

After hitting a game winning homerun in 6u league championship game -
me - "Good Job!"
dd - "yep."
me - "do you know what this means?"
dd - " we can go get snowcones?"

Apr 14, 2010
14U-My daughter gets on a new team which wears black cleats. Her previous team wore red cleats. Knowing I'll need to get black cleats I say to her "You can just wear your red cleats on the mound and then you'll stand out." Her reply, "Mom, I don't want to stand out, I want to stand in!"

Jun 3, 2010
My DD said once " That team couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat, much less hit good pitching"

I think she heard that one and just repeated it, but pretty good though.

Jun 21, 2010
DD attempts a slide into third base and has to scoot on her bottom to make it the rest of the way. Safe. Runs into the dugout and says, "I hope no one saw that." Too funny--everyone saw it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA