Best, or saddest, comment made by your DD...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
I wonder what some comments have been by your DD's!
Mine said it last night, and it's a sad commentary to her previous select team:
Walking out of the park she says "I love this new team! I never got dirty on the other one!"

sru

Jun 20, 2008
When my DD was a pitcher (she quit at 12U), while driving home after a game which she struggled, she said "dad, can we practise when we get home". So after pitching a game, we'd practise an hour until she was exhausted and she was happy with how she was pitching. That is one of the great gifts this sport has given my daughter, determination + hard work = favourable results. She wasn't thinking about how tired she was, or how she tore the scab off of her knee, she didn't like her pitching that game and worked through it all because she knew she could be better. She takes the same attitude with school as well.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We had just left a banquet at my old high scholl where my cousin's DD had signed her LOI for an SEC school. My 8yo DD out of the blue from the back seat tells my wife and I "I want to do that.". I explained how hard she had to work to get to that point and if she didn't work even harder in school it wouldn't happen. She then quickly reminded me she made straight A's and the softball part would be easy because she loves it. This from a kid who wants to be a nurse to help people then also work as a vet on the weekend to help animals. She also wants a job at Wal-Mart so she can buy toys while she is at work. Big dreams.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Tearful DD after yet another blow out loss "I wish the other girls cared if we won or lost." She knew our team was pretty bad this year and didn't expect to win but it really bothered her that the other girls just didn't seem to care .

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Coaching 1st, DD on 1st. Line drive to center, tell my DD to go to 2nd. CF makes a really nice catch, yelling to my DD to come back to 1st. She kept running to 2nd. CF ran in and tagged her for a double play. DD said she heard me yelling to come back to 1st but saw the hitter going to 1st and decided she needed to go to 2nd. Explained the tag up rule, again, and gave her that you need to listen to your coach’s speech. She admitted she made a mistake. 2 minutes later:

“If I would have slid into 2nd I would have been safe”.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
My DD informed me last night before her travel team practice that this would be her last season :-(. She'll definitely take the Fall off, but I'm hoping she'll change her mind before the middle school team tryouts in March. I'm guessing that she'll be missing softball by November, but only time will tell.

Sep 3, 2009
In a particularly tough game, my dd hit the other teams pitcher in the side of the helmet when she was on first. Pick off at first, and the pitcher went back to the base after my dd threw down, 1B missed the throw, and the ball nailed the pitcher in the helmet. The girl cried for a little bit, and the game soon resumed. After the game my dd said "as soon as I hit her and she was crying, I knew I was going to get walked my next at bat. Either she was going to hit me, or walk me trying". The next at bat, sure enough, my dd got 4 straight, high and inside.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
2 stand out both when she was 7 or 8
"Daddy I ate all my dinner, will you pitch to me tonight?"
After a soccer game that ended 0-0
Me "why are you so upset you didn't lose"
DD "A tie is like both teams losing because neither team won"

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Tearful DD after yet another blow out loss "I wish the other girls cared if we won or lost." She knew our team was pretty bad this year and didn't expect to win but it really bothered her that the other girls just didn't seem to care .

Do we have the same DD? This was my DD about mid-season as so many girls on the team just quit trying. They laughed off the mistakes and losses. The handful of girls that cared, played their hearts out. I wish them well for their future, because the coach just cut all of them.

Mar 15, 2010
After her 3rd straight towering fly ball caught in the outfield DD walks in to the dugout, looks at me and says, "I have got to learn how to line it between the 5 and 6 hole".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA