Best, or saddest, comment made by your DD...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2010
After another weekend of losing more than winning, final team meeting for the tournament always ends in a team cheer. As you can expect the cheer was half hearted. Assistant coach said "Boy that was weak!" and DD replies "What's weak is losing every weekend and no one cares."

Mar 13, 2010
If your daughter is criticising team-mates, you need to find a new team. Both for her sake and the rest of the team. No-one will win out of this.

Mar 15, 2010
After a tough loss today that puts us in the losers bracket. Instead of two more games to the championship now we have four. DD tells me on the way out, "Look at the bright side, we get to play more softball games this way".

Feb 24, 2010
Lozza

Yes, we talked about this with DD, but we don't think this is the best option right now. The team was a young, developing team, with only 2 girls having played TB before so we (DD) knew what the season was going to be like. Many of the girls are "aging up" so we have to find new players - hopefully experienced players. From what we gather from parents/coaches on older teams in the organization, it takes 2 years to have a team at the level that we (DD) wants. 2012 will be year 2 - after that, we will look elsewhere.

And it's not so much criticizing teammates on ability as it is disappointment in effort. DD would never criticize (I hope) on ability, but she does ask us about why certain teammates do things that show they are not committed as much as she is. It's hard to explain to her as she is still very young, but I do see her maturing to where she is learning to worry about the things she can control and let those that she can't slide by.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA