Behind the ball instead of on the side.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
uncdrew, does Mr. Tincher actually demonstrate his stuff? I mean, he... himself... does he demo it or does he have his kid or someone else demo during his presentations? If so, I'd love to see that although (as was discussed at length a while back) I don't think videoing is allowed of anything he does, aside from who films and distributes his material. I'm just very curious, no real point to my curiosity.

Like @uncdrew my DD PC is Tincher Certified. One of her other students brings a full video set up to every lesson. I have no idea how Denny handles it.

@uncdrew
I can't say DD has gotten any accolades outside of our town little league Rec team. She pitched her first travel inning at 10U this summer. My DD has not directly generated any special money for Denny either. One of the older girls in our town started taking with our PC after seeing my DD. However, Denny was in Westchester last fall and my DD was not 'invited', but when Denny planned on coming to Northern Jersey in the spring she was.

Oct 4, 2018
Like @uncdrew my DD PC is Tincher Certified. One of her other students brings a full video set up to every lesson. I have no idea how Denny handles it.

@uncdrew
I can't say DD has gotten any accolades outside of our town little league Rec team. She pitched her first travel inning at 10U this summer. My DD has not directly generated any special money for Denny either. One of the older girls in our town started taking with our PC after seeing my DD. However, Denny was in Westchester last fall and my DD was not 'invited', but when Denny planned on coming to Northern Jersey in the spring she was.

Honestly, I have no idea what gets one invited when Denny comes around. It's probably a few levels of favoritism, which I'm not saying in any bad way. Denny probably just reaches out to a few of his (favorite) instructors in the area who then invite a few of their (favorite) girls.

Aug 21, 2008
Not that I know of. I can ask.

When I say Tincher, I'm just referring to our instructor who is certified Tincher. She meets with him often. We've never met him, though he does travel around and kids can get invited to join him. Something tells me you only get the invite after you've generated them enough money or accolades. ;)

I was just curious. A lot of people are visual learners and want to see what they are being told, and then blend it together with the words (hopefully the 2 things make sense when combined). But I was just curious if Mr Tincher himself does any demonstration, I understand it's not an apples to apples comparison but doing a live pitching demo is part of my routine when I did clinics. I'm sure when/if he works with his daughter he would probably have her do the demo pitching part, similar to how Rick Pauly and Sarah do their father/daughter duo team. (Not comparing Rick and Mr Tincher, I'm just mentioning both do clinics with their kids from time to time which I think is cool).

Second question, does Mr Tincher do "clinics" in various places? In other words, when Mr Tincher is visiting Kansas City for example, is he there do do a clinic, drumming up business for his certified instructor in KC, or does he primarily travel just to do the certifications? If he did clinics at places where John Q. Public can pay $50 attend, I would love to go watch and listen to his presentation. I'm sure there are Tincher certified instructors somewhere close to Omaha, but I'd want to hear and see Mr. Tincher for myself not one of his people. But I don't know if he has things like that.

Sep 19, 2018
He does travel to multiple locations. I am pretty sure that he does both small group (3 at a time) lessons for existing students and slots for new students. From what I've noticed on facebook posts (not necessarily always accurate I know) he usually has more than one certified instructor at these events with him.

Jul 14, 2018
He does travel to multiple locations. I am pretty sure that he does both small group (3 at a time) lessons for existing students and slots for new students. From what I've noticed on facebook posts (not necessarily always accurate I know) he usually has more than one certified instructor at these events with him.

This is pretty accurate. DD has done two clinics with Denny himself, both arranged through her local coach. Part of the Tincher certification is doing a number of hours teaching with Denny, so he travels around and there are always a few of his instructors at the clinic.

He does demonstrate, but doesn’t throw full speed. He works mostly on mechanics and giving feedback to the pitchers. I think both sessions were 90 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2019
I'm sure there are Tincher certified instructors somewhere close to Omaha...

The closest Cert Tincher instructor near Omaha is in Lincoln, Ne. She's not very responsive to emails. So we go to the one in Irwin, IA. We have not been invited to see Denny.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207