Behind the ball instead of on the side.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2018
Can you help me with some tips for a player, who in the backswing is completelt behind the ball, pushing it forward instead of having arm whip? Any tips to undo this bad habit?

Sep 19, 2018
I might be confused, when I think backswing, I am thinking the initial move to start the motion. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean coming down the back side just before release? If you mean to initiate the motion, behind the ball is ok. If the latter, then you need to spend more time in the IR in the classroom thread. Or this video

Feb 13, 2018
I might be confused, when I think backswing, I am thinking the initial move to start the motion. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean coming down the back side just before release? If you mean to initiate the motion, behind the ball is ok. If the latter, then you need to spend more time in the IR in the classroom thread. Or this video

Yes sorry, was typing quickly lol. Coming down the backside right before release. I was considering this drill already, didn't know if there were other tips!

Sep 19, 2018
My DD sees a tincher. She has not done these drills, but if you are going to try and teach your dd this would be the place to start.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD sees a tincher. She has not done these drills, but if you are going to try and teach your dd this would be the place to start.

These drills coincide with Tincher nicely. With Tincher you'll hear "arm slot" or "elbow" slot and such.

Aug 21, 2008
uncdrew, does Mr. Tincher actually demonstrate his stuff? I mean, he... himself... does he demo it or does he have his kid or someone else demo during his presentations? If so, I'd love to see that although (as was discussed at length a while back) I don't think videoing is allowed of anything he does, aside from who films and distributes his material. I'm just very curious, no real point to my curiosity.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines

His approach and teaching technic are wonderfully solid!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Can you help me with some tips for a player, who in the backswing is completelt behind the ball, pushing it forward instead of having arm whip? Any tips to undo this bad habit?

You have Bill Hillhouse and other sources here and on the net. I think I would source Bill and these guys rather than getting caught up in some goose-chase with a loon out there in the pitching wilderness.

Oct 4, 2018
uncdrew, does Mr. Tincher actually demonstrate his stuff? I mean, he... himself... does he demo it or does he have his kid or someone else demo during his presentations? If so, I'd love to see that although (as was discussed at length a while back) I don't think videoing is allowed of anything he does, aside from who films and distributes his material. I'm just very curious, no real point to my curiosity.

Not that I know of. I can ask.

When I say Tincher, I'm just referring to our instructor who is certified Tincher. She meets with him often. We've never met him, though he does travel around and kids can get invited to join him. Something tells me you only get the invite after you've generated them enough money or accolades. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00