AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2012
My biggest issues with his demonstrations are that neither one reflect what is actually happening. His game swing is not a chop down to the ball. His demonstration of a "ferris wheel" swing is flat-out ridiculous.
No no not so. The bat comes down like a ferris wheel then levels out. Do you or have you ever played fastpitch softball and hit?

Jun 8, 2016
looks pretty good but can you really hit a fastpitch going 60 or more?
You just disagreed with a) a guy who argues for the AROD video and b) a guy who argues against the premise of the video. Interesting tactic.. Care to explain your viewpoint or should I extrapolate from your two comments that you think a fastpitch swing should be different than a baseball swing...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No no not so. The bat comes down like a ferris wheel then levels out. Do you or have you ever played fastpitch softball and hit?

My issue is not the "ferris wheel" concept (I prefer "tilt-a-whirl" as my amusement park analogy), but ARod's demonstration of what he thinks it means.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If your speaking about reaction time? They are pretty close. A softball swing needs to be a tad shorter imo. Because of the shorter distance. Same mechanics though. But at the same time. The ball doesn’t move as much in softball so it all evens out, meaning you can commit a BIT sooner. The balls percieved location is easier to judge.

This is a blanket statement. There are always exceptions to the rules. A softball pitcher who moves it better with good velo is a prize on any team. More so then the high velo thrower who throws it flat.

Oklahoma’s pitching duo from last year comes to mind. Their main pitcher threw low 60s with great movement and change of speed. I think she threw most of the innings. Their closer threw 70mph without much movement.

If you know how to sequence your swing, VELO only pitchers is what all hitters want.

May 12, 2016
You just disagreed with a) a guy who argues for the AROD video and b) a guy who argues against the premise of the video. Interesting tactic.. Care to explain your viewpoint or should I extrapolate from your two comments that you think a fastpitch swing should be different than a baseball swing...
:).. can't lose if you argue against both pattar, unless we are all right

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Have your hitters hit off a high tee/long tee. Throw front toss at the letters. If they are hitting hard line drive lasers with a oily pivot point they are doing it right. If they are hitting pop ups or ground balls they are doing it wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd