Anyone have any intel on the new Rawlings Mantra?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
Yes, yes,... but I assume on a basic level, you understand the point I'm getting at.I understand despite your best efforts it can differ but to say its silly to assume the name of a product insinuates what the product is, is shady to say the least.

Well, there are 2 diff things for 2 day...depends how you ship and what you paid for. Priority is 2-3 day...but not guaranteed at
all. 2 day Express is 2 day and supposed to be guaranteed. You can ask for a refund if its not there in 2 days.
Priroty is usually 10-20 bucks depending where in the usa you ship to. Express will be wayyyy more

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Well, priority has always said not guaranteed if you read it...been that way the whole time. And its not called 2 day priority. Its called
priority mail and will say usually 2-3 days just to give you an estimate of delivery but the pandemic has crushed that.

Only one really called 2 day is 2 day "priority express" and that's the one that is more money and you can request money back if not
there in 2 days.

Overnight to 2-Day Guarantee1
Our fastest domestic shipping service, Priority Mail Express® delivers 7 days a week, 365 days a year (with limited exceptions). Overnight delivery is available to most U.S. addresses and PO Boxes™2 with a money-back guarantee1.

Priority Mail
Shipping in 1–3 Business Days1
Priority Mail® is our bestselling mail service. Domestic deliveries arrive in 1-3 business days3 depending on where your package starts and where it’s going.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
Not to sidetrack the thread into USPS, but my org sent me a reimbursement check on January 11 for some tournaments I had entered. It finally showed up yesterday, or at least about 60% of it did. The other 40% was ripped off at some point and what I received was inside a clear plastic "we're sorry" envelope....

Back to the Mantra, my daughters showed up yesterday, but she hasn't had a chance to swing it yet. (She loves the blue BTW)

Oct 4, 2020
Honestly looks a bit gimmicky having that blast motion in the bat. But perhaps my bias is showing as we bought a blast motion and stopped using it almost immediately as the data wasn't all the understandable or helpful to us.

And it's really, really monochromatic. Yikes. Me and my blue bat.

View attachment 20867

View attachment 20866
Couldn't agree more. We got the Blast motion and almost immediately regretted it. Data, lots of data...but hard to understand and more importantly not actionable. So...I thought...what's the point? And there it sits in the drawer.

Aug 23, 2018
Quite a few were with the mantra and I saw alot of what looked like the quatro (white bat) but the video wasnt the best. Not sure I saw any with the quatro pro either.

You are absolutely right. Most of the OU home runs were with the Quattro Pro but a few players were using the Mantra.
My daughter has had a Mantra demo for a week and here is my 2 cents based on what she is telling me....and she likes the bat. We got fed up with all recent versions of Easton Ghosts breaking. I sent 8 back in 2020 and lately it has been a month or two for the replacement to arrive. As for the Mantra, if you hit it clean, it appears to be a solid bat. My daughter went from 75-77 as a peak (exit velo) with her Ghosts and she ripped a few low 80's with the Mantra. However, when you don't hit it clean and it is off the end of the bat, it sounds awful and she started shaking her hands....more so than any recent bat she has used in the past few years. Hopefully that is an easy fix for release 2. As a midwest player with a high school season starting in April...I expect this to be an issue in the cold weather. When you hit is clean, it has a loud aluminum baseball bat sound. It reminds me of the black magic as a kid, but some may find it pushing the edge of the Xeno ping. Yes, it is an ugly blue...truly a headscratcher in terms of color. It is not the same as the Quattro Pro in terms of tech, but I am not expert. I am basing it off of my daughter hitting both and telling me what she thinks. The rumor I heard was Rawlings improved upon Advanced and fixed its durability flaws. Getting the blast in an out is not as easy as they claim and you need to stupid little tool to make it easier. We don's use it often, but it is helpful when some schools ask for specific data in a questionnaire. As someone else mentioned, it is nice when you have some plate struggles and the player wants to look at some data, but we do not use it often. It has a lizard skin on it for whatever that is worth. Overall, she wanted the bat so I ordered it, but I am reserving my final verdict based on how long the bat holds up. We were not getting more than a month out of Ghost Advanceds and were only doing tee work and soft toss. Happy Hunting and good luck to everyones daughters this season.

Feb 1, 2021
Buy a Quatro or Quatro Pro for practice swings. I find them regularly for $120 to $150. While my DD has broken a few, they last way longer then anything else she has swung. Even when cracked, they can still last several thousand more swings before needing to be trash binned.

In my experience when it comes to swing weight, the Quatro swings more like a balanced bat, but the regular Quatro Pro swings more like a Ghost.

They also make an end loaded Quatro Pro. I got one as a replacement for a regular Quatro that I sent back. Its a big girl bat for sure. Best avoided if you are using it as a stand in for another bat.

You are absolutely right. Most of the OU home runs were with the Quattro Pro but a few players were using the Mantra.
My daughter has had a Mantra demo for a week and here is my 2 cents based on what she is telling me....and she likes the bat. We got fed up with all recent versions of Easton Ghosts breaking. I sent 8 back in 2020 and lately it has been a month or two for the replacement to arrive. As for the Mantra, if you hit it clean, it appears to be a solid bat. My daughter went from 75-77 as a peak (exit velo) with her Ghosts and she ripped a few low 80's with the Mantra. However, when you don't hit it clean and it is off the end of the bat, it sounds awful and she started shaking her hands....more so than any recent bat she has used in the past few years. Hopefully that is an easy fix for release 2. As a midwest player with a high school season starting in April...I expect this to be an issue in the cold weather. When you hit is clean, it has a loud aluminum baseball bat sound. It reminds me of the black magic as a kid, but some may find it pushing the edge of the Xeno ping. Yes, it is an ugly blue...truly a headscratcher in terms of color. It is not the same as the Quattro Pro in terms of tech, but I am not expert. I am basing it off of my daughter hitting both and telling me what she thinks. The rumor I heard was Rawlings improved upon Advanced and fixed its durability flaws. Getting the blast in an out is not as easy as they claim and you need to stupid little tool to make it easier. We don's use it often, but it is helpful when some schools ask for specific data in a questionnaire. As someone else mentioned, it is nice when you have some plate struggles and the player wants to look at some data, but we do not use it often. It has a lizard skin on it for whatever that is worth. Overall, she wanted the bat so I ordered it, but I am reserving my final verdict based on how long the bat holds up. We were not getting more than a month out of Ghost Advanceds and were only doing tee work and soft toss. Happy Hunting and good luck to everyones daughters this season.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sooo...you want them to fix a bat when your dd hits one off the end and feels it? Maybe it was still a little
stiff and needs to be opening up more.

Also, you cant separate tee and soft toss swings from "swings"...you are still hitting a softball hard. Not like you are bunting
them.
you put 2K tee and soft toss swings a month on a bat doesn't mean its not putting wear on the bats. Its still swings.
This is some of the issue...people say a bat has 200 swings but don't count the 2-5K bp swings :)

Again, no idea...why use a gamer for these swings? Like Black17 said...just go buy a beater QPro or something cheap.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019
We did exactly what Core said - DD's advance had to be replaced so while we waited I got her a QPro (from Core FYI). We use the QPro for cage, tee work, etc. Problem now is she has fallen in love with it and won't let it go! I'm afraid it is about to become her game bat and I have to find another cage bat.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck