has anyone seen the All-Star PHX catchers mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
DD2 loves her all-star elite......but i think we got it back in 2021?

while it is still in decent shape, i'm thinking about grabbing another now to go to work on.......have it game ready before this one is toast, having two game ready is not the worst thing

have no problem simply grabbing another elite......it's been good to her, she has no obvious need to upgrade, and can get a good deal on one right now

but softball dad's love new gear......so wondering if anyone has seen the PHX up close, has anyone using one, etc........is it all marketing hype (which we also love), or is it a legit upgrade?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD2 loves her all-star elite......but i think we got it back in 2021?

while it is still in decent shape, i'm thinking about grabbing another now to go to work on.......have it game ready before this one is toast, having two game ready is not the worst thing

have no problem simply grabbing another elite......it's been good to her, she has no obvious need to upgrade, and can get a good deal on one right now

but softball dad's love new gear......so wondering if anyone has seen the PHX up close, has anyone using one, etc........is it all marketing hype (which we also love), or is it a legit upgrade?
You won't find a bigger All-Star catchers mitt fan than me! But those light colored dyed laces and the Pittard's liner have me questioning the durability! With the Pittard's liner, no doubt it'll be the most comfortable mitt right out the box, the Pittard's liners on the Pro Preferred Rawlings felt like a dream but were notorious for cracking and splitting. So unless they've changed anything I'd be cautious of the liner, especially with all the use and abuse a catchers mitt will get!

May 20, 2015
You won't find a bigger All-Star catchers mitt fan than me! But those light colored dyed laces and the Pittard's liner have me questioning the durability! With the Pittard's liner, no doubt it'll be the most comfortable mitt right out the box, the Pittard's liners on the Pro Preferred Rawlings felt like a dream but were notorious for cracking and splitting. So unless they've changed anything I'd be cautious of the liner, especially with all the use and abuse a catchers mitt will get!
she's been perfectly happy with the standard all-star elite.......i can get a black & white on sale for $149 and found a 10% off coupon online that works.......so i might just go that way, there's no pressure to "save it for college", she can break it in and have 3 game ready, using the old one as a back up......

hopefully can find some more input......but not going to find anything on durability, obviously, so thanks

May 20, 2015
she's been perfectly happy with the standard all-star elite.......i can get a black & white on sale for $149 and found a 10% off coupon online that works.......so i might just go that way, there's no pressure to "save it for college", she can break it in and have 3 game ready, using the old one as a back up......

hopefully can find some more input......but not going to find anything on durability, obviously, so thanks
note: she is not fond of the B/W combo.....her current elite is saddle/cream lol

May 20, 2015
and now she's thinking about a custom rawlings (likely HoH), which is what her sister got for college.....

which means i'd probably still order the all-star on clearance lol

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This is my first time hearing of or checking out this PHX mitt, come on Tim, be a crash test dummy, take one for the team here, Lord knows I have enough! 😉

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter got a chance to demo it about a month ago. Her catching trainer is a. All-Star ambassador, so he got his hands on one to demo. She liked the feel of it, and she thought it was lighter than her custom HOH, but it wasn't broken in, so she couldn't do much with it.

Considering she just started using her HOH, she's not getting the AS mitt. For the record, she absolutely loves the PHX catcher's gear. She said it blows away the Jen Schro gear she had used for four years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414