Anyone have any intel on the new Rawlings Mantra?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We did exactly what Core said - DD's advance had to be replaced so while we waited I got her a QPro (from Core FYI). We use the QPro for cage, tee work, etc. Problem now is she has fallen in love with it and won't let it go! I'm afraid it is about to become her game bat and I have to find another cage bat.

Hahahaha...just show performance diff and she will go back. The Qpro is a decent solid bat...but that's it

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Couldn't agree more. We got the Blast motion and almost immediately regretted it. Data, lots of data...but hard to understand and more importantly not actionable. So...I thought...what's the point? And there it sits in the drawer.

Not to derail, but unless you are working on a specific metric you will not get anything out of trying to look at ALL the data.

To add to that the other thing I like about the blast is the camera setting that you can leave on during BP and it only gives you video of each swing broken out not one big file. So you can easily sift thru the swings to analyze.

Feb 1, 2021
We have a teammate that picked on up at the beginning of HS season. Over the course of those 3 months, it hasn't broken and sounds pretty wicked when she hits it right.

Knowing what little I know, I can say she puts it to the test durability wise. She hits extremely hard. What kind of impact it has had on her overall performance, I can't say though. Don't know her well enough.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
DDs HS coach bought one as a team bat. Not many of the girls swung it, but DD had about 15 or so at-bats with it. She isn't a home run hitter but hit one out with the Mantra. She said that she doesn't feel like she gives up any performance with it over her Ghost. It swings lighter than the "same size" Ghost....Fits between the Ghost and LXT "swing feel" wise. It's definitely hot and "sounds good" if you barrel one up. Sounds dead if you don't barrel it up, so you get some feedback in that regard. It seems to be durable so far from this limited sample we have.

Jun 26, 2014
Seguin, TX
My daughter (13 yr old, 5'1 120lbs) got the 32/22 mantra and really likes it. We also got her the ghost advanced 32/22. Exit speeds and distance are better with the ghost. I haven't weighed them but I'm sure the ghost is heavier. The ghost seems more forgiving than the mantra on miss hits. She still likes the mantra but the ghost gets all the game swings. Distance and exit speeds were measured on the rhapsodo.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have purchased 3. 1 for my DD and 2 for my hitters. 2 I haven't received yet but 2 others that play for me on my TB team purchased theirs through someone else and paid full retail for them. That said, I put my old Zep sensor on the 3 that now uses them and my pocket radar out front for exit speeds. This is what I found. Using the same 10 balls for all 3 players, 1 of them has the 2020 Ghost double barrel and the 2021 GA both. For this particular player, hand speed averaged 27 MPH, Bat speed averaged 67 MPH, Exit speed averaged 3 MPH over the Ghost DB and the exit speed averaged 2 MPH over the GA. Next one had a 2021 GA. Hand speed averaged 29 MPH, Bat speed averaged 69 MPH and Mantra exceeded the GA by 3 MPH. Last one had a 2021 GDB. Hand speed averaged 30 MPH, Bat speed averaged 71 MPH and exit speeds averaged 4 MPH over the GDB. Does this mean it's the right Bat for every hitter? No. It just means it's the right Bat for those 3. I had another hitter I put it to the test with who swings the same size and weight Power Carbon and the PC outperformed it on average of 1 MPH exit speed with Hand speed and Bat speed being within a 1 MPH difference between the two (PC was faster on both). YMMV depending on mechanics and size of both the Bat and the hitter.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If they made the damn things faster more would be out there :)

This has easily been the worse production release of any bat from any manufacturer.

And I havent had any much more than an ounce over

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd