Another Oregon player transfers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
Baseball America, a fantastic publication, is launching college softball coverage in February. I am super pumped about it. They are teasing the launch with a really good story on the mess in Oregon. Worth a read for those interested. Maggie Balint is more aggressively anti-Lombardi in the article than I've seen from any other player. Still really vague, however.

Here's the link:
https://www.baseballamerica.com/sto...d-transfers-inside-oregon-softballs-upheaval/

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Baseball America, a fantastic publication, is launching college softball coverage in February. I am super pumped about it. They are teasing the launch with a really good story on the mess in Oregon. Worth a read for those interested. Maggie Balint is more aggressively anti-Lombardi in the article than I've seen from any other player. Still really vague, however.

Here's the link:
https://www.baseballamerica.com/sto...d-transfers-inside-oregon-softballs-upheaval/

Cool to hear about Baseball America expanding.

Post #114 also had a link to this article. One of the most "behind the curtain" stories, so far.

Jun 8, 2016
Very valid point. Eugene is not exactly known as a central hub for conservative values and rigid dress codes.

Hey I wore Nike slippers with socks and jeans with a ripped belt loop to class today..Norman is progressive!!

Feb 21, 2017
Hey I wore Nike slippers with socks and jeans with a ripped belt loop to class today..Norman is progressive!!

Socks plus sandals is a biblical look, no credit there. Jeans with a ripped belt loop! Heavens, what would your grandmother say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2017
I read a bunch of this and it is strange to say the least. Obviously we won’t know for certain but you can kind of understand the perspectives.

The new coach has a system based on what she has learned from the successful program she came from so implementing some of it makes sense but you have to know the audience. Both programs made the final 8 last year but neither was in the final dance so what separates them probably isn’t that huge and at that level a good/bad play or player getting hot makes all the difference. If she was comparing the two programs and putting down her players that is a mistake. She inherited them but they are her players now, you have to get them to buy in...unless she wanted to tear it up.

I can’t blame White, he got an offer and came back to Oregon to show them. They threw extra money at the football coach after 7 games (based on Florida rumors) and there is the baseball coach who has not been nearly as successful making 2-3x. White basically put Oregon softball on the map and had a track record of production. I understand they don’t have big money for women’s sports but seems short sighted especially since they re-upped the baseball coach. I would have left too.

I don’t see the players as immature, it takes a ton of commitment to play a sport at that level. If the new coach doesn’t have your back the system is broken. It is no different than being at a job where you feel you don’t have support. That is a top reason why people change jobs.

I am sure there are 3 sides to this, just like every story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles