Another Oregon player transfers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I get it. But I wouldn't consider that a lie and a reason that would not make me trust the coach.

Hmmm...I see it as a pretty big deal. Depending on how the change of status information was relayed from Lombardi to Balint, it could definitely cause trust issues.

Feb 21, 2017
They have left 225-AB, 76-H, 10-HR and 38-RBI from last years team plus 0 pitching. For reference 1666-AB, 536-H, 78-HR, 349-RBI. Most of it belongs to Haley Cruse.

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Seriously, I wonder what Lombardi will do to navigate a 12-player roster with 2 pitchers and minimal college experience. It might be fascinating to watch regardles of won-loss record. I'm guessing this is a problem that only a handful of college coaches ever have (e.g. maybe a handful of the smallest D2-D3 teams that have a tough time fielding teams?).

Feb 21, 2017
With the Az transfer not being eligible I think they have two catchers also on the roster. I guess you hope one pitcher or catcher doesn’t get hurt. They have almost as many coaches and support staff as players.

I also found it interesting that the three girls who just said they are not playing get to keep their scholarship money for the semester.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
With the Az transfer not being eligible I think they have two catchers also on the roster. I guess you hope one pitcher or catcher doesn’t get hurt. They have almost as many coaches and support staff as players.

I also found it interesting that the three girls who just said they are not playing get to keep their scholarship money for the semester.

The two catchers are April Utecht (a senior who has mostly been used as a pinch hitter, and has very few - if any - innings behind the plate in college) and Annalisa Williamson (a freshman walk-on).

From what I understand, it's only two who get to keep their scholarship money because they were on the roster and practiced with the team this year. Megan Kleist is paying her own way to finish out the school year.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017

The article I saw said those players keep the scholarship through the trimester (which would end at spring break in March).

With 10,000+ women on campus, hopefully the team can find a few walk-ons that played at a high level in club ball/high school to fill some gaps.

Apr 28, 2016
In case any of you are interested, the Oregon softball team has “taken over” the NCAA Softball Instagram story today.

Apr 28, 2016
For those of us that don't do social media, is there a link that can be posted?

I don’t think so. I think you will have to join Instagram and follow NCAA Softball. They have a different team take over just about every day. It’s neat to watch. The players do dorm tours, tours of where they eat, training rooms, etc. There are usually player introductions and tips, and some videos of parts of practice.

OSU has taken over today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802