2021 xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
So it IS direct only? If so I bet its to keep the end of the year over stock from hitting the market cheap. They would probably rather just chew them up then sell them cheap.

That’s what the website says. Which is as far as my factual knowledge goes. The rest was just guesses/assumptions.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I guess my thinking was, why only have it exclusive on their website? Seems like they would sell more if I could pick up the newest one at a local store. Putting it exclusive on their site seems like a way to slowly phase it out, and replace it.

That makes sense too. Unless with the world market volatility (lack of raw materials, production costs, production delays, shipping/container issues, etc etc) they just won’t have a lot of inventory this year.

Again, nothing factual. Just throwing darts.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Direct IS NOT a better way to sell bats...it always limits sales as MANY dont want to buy thru the manufacturer. The Xeno is NOT a great selling bat and hasnt been in many years. It has a certain steady following, but not in the big picture of their sales. My guess is they are going to make very small amounts and only sell them internally, that way they can make full boat
profit to help the cost of making so few of a bat. My guess is, they ate so many Xenos over the
years because stores didnt order what LS thought they would...that they finally said, heck with
it, we will make a lot less and only sell them ourselves. That way we dont have the overstock
at the end of the year.
Think this may be a test for the Xeno

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
I honestly can't see why they sell one bat to the likes of Academy, Dick's, or Sheels. Who pays MSRP for bats?

Feb 1, 2021
I honestly can't see why they sell one bat to the likes of Academy, Dick's, or Sheels. Who pays MSRP for bats?

All those people that bought 1 Easton Ghost and expected it to last longer than a month or two I'd guess. Those folks have actually been good business for me for all my DDs used or rejected bats.

LS definitely doesn't like folks like me that bought a 2019 RXT on clearance at Dicks, found out how hot it was, and bought 7 more. Got 8 brand new bats for the price of two. Hopefully, I'm done buying bats for my DDs playing career.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Any exclusive bat sold to only a store or couple stores for them only...is ONLY a paintjob.
Slowpitch does this a lot...they repaint a bat and only one store carries it. It costs
the manufacturer almost nothing, because the bat is already made...just a new paintjob,
and they get a quick 500-1000 bat sale from it. Its a quick sales boost.
Just like the Gold Ghost ADV....they sold 2000 real quick to a few stores...and all it cost them
was a quick new paint.

If LS is only selling the Xeno...thats not really an exclusive....more of a direct sale bat

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
LS definitely doesn't like folks like me that bought a 2019 RXT on clearance at Dicks, found out how hot it was, and bought 7 more. Got 8 brand new bats for the price of two. Hopefully, I'm done buying bats for my DDs playing career.

Doesnt bother LS that you bought an RXT on clearance or 8 on clearance.
LS got paid their price by the store already when that bat first came out. The only one that
losses money on an old bat sitting around, is the store.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd