Covid extra year eligibility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD played 5 years. Her 5th year she was a full time grad student and did miss a bunch of practices and a few games.
She was part of an accelerated grad program so took grad classes senior year, then played year 1 of grad school. She graduates with her masters in May, likely could have played this season also as 21 was a reduced season but between classes, internship, and a part time job there’s just not enough time.

May 13, 2023
NCAA controls eligibility but the Ivy league does not allow graduate students to compete in intercollegiate athletics so Ivy league athletes all had the additional year of eligibility granted to them by the NCAA but in order to utilize it they had to either delay graduation or transfer to another conference for grad school.

I have my issues with the extra year of eligibility granted to all athletes but think

the Ivy league was foolish to force these athletes to attend other schools to utilize it
Hmmm 🤔 that's peculiar?!

That's sort of like the ivy league saying to the NCAA don't tell us what to do.

Nov 5, 2014
Hmmm 🤔 that's peculiar?!

That's sort of like the ivy league saying to the NCAA don't tell us what to do.
Peculiar? Yes I agree but also totally on brand for the Ivy League. They very much like to do things their own way. Case in point the only D1 conference that does not offer athletic scholarships even for the sports where they compete for national championships i.e Lacrosse

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad