1st year pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2011
My daughter is just now getting into pitching. We are doing alot of wrist flex & K's. When we do full pitches her stride leg makes a half moon & then being planted in front. How do I fix that? Thanks

May 25, 2010
How do I fix that?

1) Time
2) Patience
3) Go back to #1

As she gets more and more comfortable with the basic arm motion, then she'll begin thinking about the footwork on her own and you'll be better able to coach that part of the process.

Do you draw a power line for her?

Sep 3, 2009
My daughter is just now getting into pitching. We are doing alot of wrist flex & K's. When we do full pitches her stride leg makes a half moon & then being planted in front. How do I fix that? Thanks

What exactly do you mean by wrist flex?

Feb 26, 2011
Yea I made a powerline out of a couple of 4x4's. Have not used it much because of working the upper body. Thanks

Jul 21, 2008
Yea I made a powerline out of a couple of 4x4's. Have not used it much because of working the upper body. Thanks

You should work upper and lower body together. As Hillhouse said up together and down together, arms and legs should work together when pitching.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

Your version of a power line and Mine must be different. To me a power line means a line drawn perpendicular to the pitchers plate, intersecting with the middle of the pitchers plate and aimed directly at the center of home plate.. The pitcher should land that line with her stride foot when she pitches.

What is yours?

Feb 26, 2011
I know what you are saying & will make one like that. The one I made is more for balance so when she pushes off she has to stand tall. When she is pitching her leg aways ends up in front but the windmill she is doing with that leg as to affect her some. I call it her cheerleading leg which will almost make her cuss!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC