Why It Doesn't Pay To Be A Troll

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Did anyone else notice that Curt Schillings DD plays softball??? Maybe we can get him to become a DFP member!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
It was a twitter, facebook, type of site.... screen names are usually real. It had names and locations listed, He went from there. There was a small piece about it on the today show this morning.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I just read an article about this on the NY Daily News online. I was going to post something, but was beat to the punch.

This gets back to another thread, about what is permissible to post about a softball player, using her real name:

NOT WHAT THOSE @$$#0!3$ WERE POSTING!

Great to see a picture of Curt Shilling sitting on a bucket, catching his daughter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ughter-stands-cyberbullies-article-1.2135470#

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ling-plays-hard-ball-trolls-article-1.2134914

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Great job indeed. I wonder how he was able to track them down? That would be handy to know.

It is not hard to do if you just connect the dots. Google is your best friend and drilling down into someones social circle will usually provide a wealth of information. I did this to illustrate a point to my team. I took a new player who I met the week prior and based on what she posted on Facebook I got her address, her school, siblings names, parents names, parents job locations, how much they paid for their house, when they bought it, etc. Took me less than an hour.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Does DFP have this option?
"nuTroll2015 is a 47 year old double-divorcee named Lester who lives in his mom's basement, spends 13 hours a day on World of Warcraft, and recently got promoted to crew chief at Wendy's."

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I pretty much disagree with just about everything Curt Schilling says or does and generally think he's a moron.

That said, his 17 year old daughter should be completely out of bounds when attacking Curt via the twitterverse or any other media for that matter. So great job to the young lady for standing up to this crap. There really is no place for garbage like that.

And yeah, cool pic of him catching his daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom