where's the head coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
How would you feel,head coach has only made two practices.First tournament there sat. but wasn't there for sun. 8:00am start,he said he had a migraine.Sat. night talked to him after the games where done.He came back to see where we were seated in tournament,and what time we play and where.I smelled a heavy order of alcohol on his breath.Okay I have nothing against someone drinking,but it just seems a little bit funny how he couldn't make it to the games on sunday.So now I feel a little let down by his leadership.The guy that took over has two dd's on the team,they both got to pitch and one is the lead off batter and the other batted in the fourth spot.Lost to the same team the other girl that pitches held to 3to 1 score,his older dd lost on Sunday to that same one 10to4.The one that batted had one hit in 4 games is this daddyball or what?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If this is a TB team, I would be incensed. You need to have a team meeting immediately and straighten this out.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The daddyball appears to be a secondary Issue which I would put on the backburner for now.

You need to resolve the Manager situation 1st. Later, if needed you can circle back, to who plays, when and why.

I would not mix the 2 Issues, people will get distracted from the main Issue if you try to air everything out at once.

May 8, 2009
Florida
Totally agree with sluggers & quincy. You have a right to be upset, if there is a problem with commitment then the HC should step down. If you should have a team meeting, I would think you should have people from the TB board of directors there also. If it came to replacing the head coach, they would probably be the ones to name the new one (I wouldnt be surprised if it was the person who took over though). Quincy is right - it is two seperate issues. Resolve the head coach one first.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Absolutely time for an intervention. Select someone more stable
to head up the team in light of current situation. Do not demean,
or alienate HC to avoid drama.

Jan 25, 2011
Was going to have a talk with the head coach last night at practice. He wasn't there he had to work,well can't blame a guy for working have to make a living,but come Saturday morning he will make the line up and not have no idea where the girls play the best.I had a talk with the organiation leaders and expressed my dissappiontment with the lack of vision with the team.They are going to have a talk with HC.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have had this conversation numerous times and still have not settled on an opinion. Why do you care if the Manager has a DUI, thief convection, felony, etc. I only care about “sex” offenses, which I personally check for all the adults that show up at games or practice.

Oct 25, 2009
Plenty of reason to care about any conviction; as long as we are thinking prevention and not persecution. More reason to care about how they currently carry themselves.

You check ALL the adults? Probably not; how many females have you checked. You also probably haven't checked the ones you KNOW wouldn't be an offender.

Just saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan