What is a Team Gate Fee?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Some of these places forbid any outside food or drink.
Pro tip: Pretend your a coach. Pull your wagon in with 2 buckets of balls, bownet, clipboard and lawn chair . You can get a lot of food and drinks in those buckets under the 6 or 7 softballs on top.

Especially... no, definitely... when they allow three coaches free and your team only has 2.

"Yup, Assistant Coach #2 here. Here's my DD, she pitches. Have a nice day!!!"

May 21, 2015
South
But that special aroma during the high heat of summer........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When our team hosted tournaments, I was in charge of cleaning bathrooms at the end of the day. I mixed clorox in a bucket with water and sloshed it everywhere (toilets, sinks, counters, etc.). I then brought in the high pressure water hose and got after it. All was good until I figured out the floor drain was clogged.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Some of these places forbid any outside food or drink.
Pro tip: Pretend your a coach. Pull your wagon in with 2 buckets of balls, bownet, clipboard and lawn chair . You can get a lot of food and drinks in those buckets under the 6 or 7 softballs on top.
Food smuggling occurs....
Just sayin':)
Aint no-one keepin' me from my eats....

Oct 4, 2018
When our team hosted tournaments, I was in charge of cleaning bathrooms at the end of the day. I mixed clorox in a bucket with water and sloshed it everywhere (toilets, sinks, counters, etc.). I then brought in the high pressure water hose and got after it. All was good until I figured out the floor drain was clogged.

Wow. You lose a bet or are you just the nicest one around?

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
It forces the coach to be the middle man by collecting gate fees before the tournament. If you didn't budget for the gate fee when you did your initial team budget you will have to go back to the parents and ask for more money.

Tournament directors tell you how much of a deal it is and how much money they save you. It's all BS. They will tell you it's the parks policy and it's out of their control. Whatever.

Vote with your dollars and avoid those tournaments where you can. If you can't make sure you let the tournament director know it's crap.

I tell them to just increase the tournament by the gate fee and be done with it. It's insulting any another way.

The ones I like is when the gate few has to "cash" paid in advance.....like we are stupid...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr