What is a Team Gate Fee?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
It forces the coach to be the middle man by collecting gate fees before the tournament. If you didn't budget for the gate fee when you did your initial team budget you will have to go back to the parents and ask for more money.

Tournament directors tell you how much of a deal it is and how much money they save you. It's all BS. They will tell you it's the parks policy and it's out of their control. Whatever.

Vote with your dollars and avoid those tournaments where you can. If you can't make sure you let the tournament director know it's crap.

I tell them to just increase the tournament by the gate fee and be done with it. It's insulting any another way.
Not to mention it usually has to be cash and not a check

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2021
Air conditioned full enclosed with individual toilets with a privacy door. Like a nice restaurant. It's a thing of beauty!

Must have been designed by the guy that owns Buc-ee’s. I swear it’s almost nicer than at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
Id be happy to pay any fee at this point to have a tournament here instead of having to drive or fly to another state to play pretty much all local teams from here that had to drive or fly to another state to play. This plannedemic is a joke, 15 days to flatten the curve.... I should have known better, any pitching coach will tell you that a flat curve is a game ender.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
Some of these places forbid any outside food or drink.
Pro tip: Pretend your a coach. Pull your wagon in with 2 buckets of balls, bownet, clipboard and lawn chair . You can get a lot of food and drinks in those buckets under the 6 or 7 softballs on top.
padded seat lids means even more good and drinks! and makes a nice foot rest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr