What’s my 10u hitter doing wrong?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Why does the ball go straight down? What is she doing wrong?

she’s losing her back side as her first move. Subsequently she will use what she has which is her front side. I would simply start by getting her to feel a weighted back heel as her load. It can be subtle. Probably best If it is til she gets a good feel for it. something like this.

1620300704096.gif

Video and post. lets see what that looks like and we can adjust from there. Notice Mendoza’s head barely goes back when she weights her back heel. try to keep it similar.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You can use this type of drill to feel the weight and create timing as well. It’s called a step back. I wouldn’t go ‘big’ w it. Keep it minimal and hAve her time her swing off a moving ball w it.

same rules applies, not a lot of head movement w a weighted back heel.

1620301298723.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

I guess I should consider the source next time..

you think the half baked ideas by your buddy Ron are simple? he doesn’t even give any functionality. no direction. he just blabs what you shouldn’t do. Haha. its happy self-awareness day! Celebrate hard big ski! KISS

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I guess I should consider the source next time..

you think the half baked ideas by your buddy Ron are simple? he doesn’t even give any functionality. no direction. he just blabs what you shouldn’t do. Haha. its happy self-awareness day! Celebrate hard big ski! KISS
Believe the point he is trying to make is that self-awareness is a progression, especially for the beginning player. Can't turn a 10 year old into a 14 year old over night. If you study his work you will find a level of detail few have reached. Sort of like studying Dave Kiriloff.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Believe the point he is trying to make is that self-awareness is a progression, especially for the beginning player. Can't turn a 10 year old into a 14 year old over night. If you study his work you will find a level of detail few have reached. Sort of like studying Dave Kiriloff.

how ironic! This is so funny! tell your buddy Ron that!! I believe he tried to compare Cameron(10yo girl) to a 16-18o boy. Not a drill, but the positions, that she was getting into compared to the boy. it’s in her thread. LOL. Maybe Big Ron forgot that level of detail?! (I couldn’t help myself). LOL.

if details is what impresses you, I can give a full explanation of why to do the ‘heel’ load and head still cues. But I don’t think the OP wants them just yet. She just wants functional cues to get her DD hitting. Did you provide anything functional for her to improve?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00