WCWS: who's gonna make it???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Don't like the bracket set-up.

They have the top seeds at each other's throat from the beginning. Seems to me, being the higher seed should have an advantage and I don't see it here.

It starts as a standard 16 team set up with 1 play 16 and so forth. Can't think of a tournament format where they reshuffle every round just because the top seeds get upset.

Mar 23, 2010
It starts as a standard 16 team set up with 1 play 16 and so forth. Can't think of a tournament format where they reshuffle every round just because the top seeds get upset.

Stanley Cup Playoffs, but then that is a different form of tournament not related to softball.

Dec 28, 2008
Being from Atlanta so I have to root for Georgia. (But my heart is with Arizona. Maybe Fowler can do what Mowatt did in 2007 and fight back from the losers bracket.) Georgia vs Arizona in the finals would make my day that's for sure.

Gotta say though UCLA is looking awfully, awfully good. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of the field of Lisa Fernandez even when she isn't wearing a uniform. She just KNOWS how to win, and that is contageous.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
UCLA is my outside pick.

What do I win?

Honestly Im not a UCLA fan at all, but after seeing their bats demolish a few teams on the way to the WCWS, there was no way I could have picked any other. Simply incredible hitting, very high percentage of runs scored coming on HR's, very strong pitching, and they were peaking at the right time too. Some outstanding young ladies.

Apr 12, 2010
Doesn't hurt when the team your playing gives you 5 outs to work with either. :)

Did anyone watch a lot of UofA ball this year? Were their OF's just having a bad day? or were they struggling all year?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06