Video camera recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
If it's like the Zi8, it depends what size memory card you have. Good thing is you can buy bigger cards or extra cards. The card I have can do a couple of HD hours. :)

Ken - thanks for the additional info. That's the one I was thinking of when I heard "playsport" but wasn't sure.

I LIKE that model!!! It seems more compact than the Zi8, is definitely more rugged and love the waterproof aspect since my electronics tend to meet up with water more often than most.

I also saw it packaged nicely at Best Buy with extra battery and card for a very reasonable price.

Jun 21, 2010
I have a Panasonic ZS7 that is a point and shoot, but takes great HD video. I can hook up the camera to my Panasonic HDTV via HDMI and show DD her swings frame by frame. Great teaching tool if your kid doesn't understand what you're trying to tell them their doing right or wrong. Question though for those who post video for review here. What software are you using to slow down the video for analysis?

Sep 29, 2010
FYI...if you are in the market for a Mini-DV Camera that you can use with say RVP or Motionview, ie you need Firewire, I just purchased a JVC GR-D870U on Ebay for $50!!!

There are plenty popping up at that price point so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one too.

I have used it and it's perfect for video analysis work. It shoots in 60FPS and has a manual shutter speed of up to 1/4000. Works great with RVP and saves me a TON of work as opposed to using my Sanyo HD Camcorder and the resulting video files in RVP.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Probably 2 hours. That is what I can get on the Flip Camera. I upgraded to one that slides open and gives you a better screen. I may consider selling my previous model.

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
I just broke down and got the Casio EX-Fh 25 and all i can say its amazing. The only drawback is it's a battery hog so I have a extra set of Nimh rechargeable batteries with it.

The 120 fps. is perfect for at bats and pitching. We used it between innings to make adjustments. You can down load straight to You tube with it. When I get home from a game I download the video and still shots to a external hard drive.

I forgot to mention that you can edit right on the camera itself. You can also take 40 still shots in 1 second.

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
Just picked up the Kodak Zi8 at Office Max for $89.00 (approximately 1/2 price). Have only done 9 videos on it but really like it so far. The 60fps is great for batting videos. Can only imagine at 120fps :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd