USSSA allows leaping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
😏Pitchers learning to not leap'ish took adjusting...
later they moved it back 3 feet.

Adjust accordingly!

Jan 3, 2022
I bet the girls that have trouble with the rules are the ones who have never seen a real pitching coach in their development. The best thing for younger pitchers is to actually see a pitching coach who has pitched collegiately. Be it CC or D1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2022
Long Island NY
My DD is not trained at leaping and is not interested in leaping. she has a hard enough time mastering what she is learning now. so at least one girl will not be leaping from the mound. hope this does not hurt her hitting much as she is already a below average hitter

Oct 14, 2019
I bet the girls that have trouble with the rules are the ones who have never seen a real pitching coach in their development. The best thing for younger pitchers is to actually see a pitching coach who has pitched collegiately. Be it CC or D1.

To the contrary, the girls I have seen who leap are usually the more athletic, explosive and schooled pitchers.

Aug 21, 2008

Damn, I never got to play in CC or D1 or any level of college for that matter. I had hoped to be included in the "best thing(s)" for young pitchers. What a bummer. :)

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Leaping simply means you don't have to drag the back foot, it's not really something you have to 'do'. And there are a lot of pitchers out there that don't drag the back foot, in many cases it's subtle and is not noticed. I have been taking good high speed video for over 10 years and when I look at those pitchers up close in slo-mo they often lose contact with the ground. As Bill H pointed out Cat Osterman is one. It's so quick no one calls it.

Jan 3, 2022
You never had your hand in the D1 dirt; what the hell do you know.

You are correct. I am simply stating that pitching is an art that not every person can teach. It is better for a young pitcher to see a person that has actually been in their shoes and been developed from an early age.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad