using wrist bands for pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2015
When I was a Head Coach of a first year 10U team I positioned myself at first base. This allowed me to remind them of how they were supposed to run the bases and instead of giving a steal sign I just told them.

And kind of like Amy alluded to in a previous post, keep the signs simple. It probably doesn't matter if the other team "steals" them.

This is good advice. Thank you. I'm going to try the 1st base side this fall. The one thing our girls did well is steal home. Thinking about it I may help the team more being at 1st.

As for signs. Nose was our steal sign. I would touch nothing but my nose. I would just hold it there and look at the base runner. The other team would yell out she is going. My player wouldn't go. I felt bad for anyone trying to steal our signs.

Jun 7, 2013
This is good advice. Thank you. I'm going to try the 1st base side this fall. The one thing our girls did well is steal home. Thinking about it I may help the team more being at 1st.

As for signs. Nose was our steal sign. I would touch nothing but my nose. I would just hold it there and look at the base runner. The other team would yell out she is going. My player wouldn't go. I felt bad for anyone trying to steal our signs.

The only other piece of advice that I could add is that it helps to work on these signs in practice. At 14U and above you maybe able to tell the girls what the signs are before the game. However, at the 10U I've found that I've had to setup game situations to help them out. The first part was teaching them to look for a sign and that was hard enough!

Good luck!

Mar 12, 2009
I find them annoying. I guess I'm just an old school kinda guy.

I think they are a great idea but I can't stand the coaches yelling them out. You can hear some of the coaches like they are yelling at someone at the other end of the entire softball complex.

im looking at going to wrist bands next year. I coach a 10u squad. Any advice?
at 10u I say go for it but just keep it simple. like I said I used a 3# system set up as a grid. first 2 #s represented the row going across and the 3rd # was the row going down. as the year progressed my DD can throw a rise now about 60% of the time and a screwball 50% of the time so ive had to add #'s for those pitches but I don't have her throw those on a consistent basis mabey the rise 10 or so times a game and a screw a handful of times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors