Used two tips from DFP forums last night and they were big hits with the 12U girls.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks DFP forum posters. Last night I took a tennis racket and tennis balls to practice and worked various pop fly drills. Because the girls were not afraid of the tennis balls they were very aggressive at trying to catch them. They all loved the tennis racket drill and want to repeat it next practice. One of the games suggested on another thread was to divide the 12 girls up into three teams: hitters, infield, and outfield and play for points. This was an excellent, fun game that kept them interested and competing for the second half of the practice. Thanks DFP forum posters for the excellent information and suggestions.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Thank you! We have a great group of very knowledgeable people with years of experience willing to share. It is a great place to spend a few minutes every day.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
I got a new fandango phone that i actually can see and read...allowing me to read post where ever i am at. Was fishing and during a slow period checked it and something made me laugh. When they found out it was girls fastpitch softball forum...i caught a heck of a time. BUT hey...they just don't get it!! :)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The game is called "Shotgun". It is from a coaching baseball book written by Whitey Herzog. I've had kids begging to play "one more inning" after the practice has already run over 30 minutes. I watch kids playing that game and I'm thinking, "Gee, that *does* look like fun!"

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Oh yeah...there are fast times and slow times! Fast times can even come at the wrong time and your phone can go flying into the lake too! :)

Waiting for the fish to send me a self pic...since they own my old phone now! It'll probably be a 4lb crappie snickering! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd