USA Softball All American tryouts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2024
Does anyone have any experience with the USA Softball All American tryouts process? Thinking of having my 12U player give it a shot. Just curious what goes on at tryouts and what they entail.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
Also curious if it's worth it to make the trip to OKC. She just did the first round of tryouts. It was pretty cool as 4 of the coaches are local college coaches and 1 was a former USA nationals team player. The Carolina's team has 3 first round tryouts(130 players) in different areas then a final tryout(down to 60 players). Best 15 make the team.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
My DD participated in the very first one...and it was AND STILL IS one of her best softball experiences. I think tryouts will vary by region and coaches, but if you have the opportunity to go to OKC....TAKE IT! Good luck.

Jan 13, 2024
Also curious if it's worth it to make the trip to OKC. She just did the first round of tryouts. It was pretty cool as 4 of the coaches are local college coaches and 1 was a former USA nationals team player. The Carolina's team has 3 first round tryouts(130 players) in different areas then a final tryout(down to 60 players). Best 15 make the team.
The OKC trip sounds amazing from what I’ve read! What did they have the girls do at your tryouts?
My DD participated in the very first one...and it was AND STILL IS one of her best softball experiences. I think tryouts will vary by region and coaches, but if you have the opportunity to go to OKC....TAKE IT! Good luck.
that’s great to hear! We’re looking forward to the experience as well. What kind of stuff did they have your DD do for tryouts?

Nov 18, 2015
On the USA website for the High Performance Program (which I think starts at 13U?) - they have a pdf that breaks down each of the stations.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
The OKC trip sounds amazing from what I’ve read! What did they have the girls do at your tryouts?

that’s great to hear! We’re looking forward to the experience as well. What kind of stuff did they have your DD do for tryouts?
It was run in a typical travel team tryout format.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
The tryout was basically a metric combine...home to first time, overhand velo, exit velo, pop time for catchers, velo for pitchers and then the eye test on grounders, fly balls, throwing to first, and front toss. took about 4 hours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles