Ummmm...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Older dd‘s lil mid-major played Oklahoma. To this day she says she never wants to go back there for any reason.

Keep in mind they also got destroyed by Florida about three times per year but she has never mentioned it.
TBH, even had she won I wouldn't have blamed her for never wanting to go back to Oklahoma..

Nov 18, 2015
Even though I'm a Sooner fan, and don't follow alot of early-season game scores, this seems excessive.

I can only imagine this would be like our 12U-C team playing a 12U-A/Open team? Who am I kidding - probably more like last years 10U-C team playing a 12U-A team. What's the benefit to the starters? Early-season stat-padding to get a leg up on All-American honors? OU probably gets more benefit from an intra-squad scrimmage.

This is a good reality check for parents - there's D1 softball, and then there's D1 SOFTBALL. How excited would most of us be if someone told us today - "Hey, in a few years, you're daughter's going to be a starter for a D1 school". I'm depressing myself just thinking about it - you not only have to be the best, you have to be the best of the best (of the best?). Focusing on academics is starting to make a lot more sense!

Some links:
https://utepminers.com/sports/softball - nice stadium! (I know - everyone west of the Mississippi is probably like - "big deal, that's the view I get from my backyard...")
@bmakj nailed it:

Jun 8, 2016
OU probably gets more benefit from an intra-squad scrimmage.
That is all they did all Fall. That said I agree, and while OU always seems to play some significantly inferior competition at the beginning of the year, I doubt Gasso thought it was going to be that bad. I don't care how good OUs hitters are, how can a D1 pitching staff be that bad?

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
I went and looked at UTEPs roster. 4 pitchers. 3 freshman and 1 sophomore (with a short season due to covid).

Not the easiest team to start with for sure.

(Can you tell I'm a pitcher dad? LoL)

Aug 25, 2019
Oklahoma did that and only batted 10 players? If you didn't get to bat in that game, rest assure, you'll never get an at bat this season.

Jun 8, 2016
Oklahoma did that and only batted 10 players? If you didn't get to bat in that game, rest assure, you'll never get an at bat this season.
Looks like they batted 12. They have 15 position players on the roster if I counted correctly. The next game today probably won't be much better so the other 3 will probably play then..lol.

Aug 25, 2019
You're right my bad, just looked at the box score, I'll still say no one should of got 5 at bats in that game. 44 AB in 3 innings! Oh, and looking at pitching line, what does BF stand for?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01