Two slow motion college HR swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Her barrell launched rearward per all the great hitting guru's on this site. Watch the back foot. Did her weight transfer fully for max. power???
Got to get the hips into it for Max power. Before the turn....Thats the part where you turn the box and the hips move and the back foot comes off the ground.....Before launch... See ya the ball is gone

Is it only barrell turn? YES... I say this is more upper body swing. Turn it!!!
But it is a girl swinging and I like it, verses an mlb swing

SL

As you said earlier,
Well everyone's got one.....An opinion that is. And each of ours is equal.
It would be good if every poster on this site, remembered that.
ice_zpsc3399eae.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
SL - Bustos, as an example, turns the barrel behind the corner....after the corner is out front and minimizes your hitting zone...and saps you of power.

And requires the front leg...shift then swing.

Mts, does Hamilton have an elite level swing?

[video]http://i46.tinypic.com/nwmrdy.gif[/video]

A deep barrel path is not an absolute.\

#5 on what it takes for a short swing, from tewks list, is letting the ball get in deep, a deeper swing.

This is does not make your swing shorter, it is buying time. It is a timing issue.
its like a pitcher throwing 88, or throwing 90.
you can have a short swing, and like hamilton, hit it out front.
Lets do this, some gif master, measure the distance, from the barrel dropping to contact.

swivel is wack.

Attachments

• Hamilton_slomo_sms.jpg
    Hamilton_slomo_sms.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 23
R

RayR

Does Hamilton turn the barrel behind the corner, Mann?

Mts, does Hamilton have an elite level swing?

[video]http://i46.tinypic.com/nwmrdy.gif[/video]

A deep barrel path is not an absolute.\

#5 on what it takes for a short swing, from tewks list, is letting the ball get in deep, a deeper swing.

This is does not make your swing shorter, it is buying time. It is a timing issue.
its like a pitcher throwing 88, or throwing 90.
you can have a short swing, and like hamilton, hit it out front.
Lets do this, some gif master, measure the distance, from the barrel dropping to contact.

swivel is wack.

R

RayR

Now, you are looking for a deep corner?

Same question: Does he turn the barrel behind the corner?

This is a posey gif, again, not a deep corner.

[video]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j399/baseballgifs/Posey/Posey_side_84CU.gif[/video]

R

RayR

If you agree that half the MLB players do not swing within the same pattern as Bonds, Williams, Ramirez, etc - are you then saying that fastpitch players are only capable of using the same mechanics as the non "elite" baseball players?

What I see is fastpitch players mostly adopting what is being taught to them. Obviously, there are some exceptions as illustrated in this thread.

MTS, are you asking me? For the record, I haven't been able to see some of the top players with the exception of the College World Series and I don't tape that. I'd say that if there are any, it would be few but I don't state that there aren't any because I haven't seen them all. Maggie Viefhaus had one of the best swings I saw in FP when she was growing up. Katie Cochran (sp?) had a great swing and she grew up studying Ted Williams. Again, when some say that half of the players in MLB don't have a MLB swing, it might be something that is so rare that it isn't attainable for mere mortals and FP players. :cool:;):cool:

Edited to add:

MTS, what do you think? If you state that there are none, then would it make sense to declare that there are two swings with one being softball and the other baseball. Would it then be reasonable to purge all discussion of the MLB swing from this site? Ok so I'm getting carried away some. LOL!

R

RayR

Just because the rear foot did not drag or roll up on the toes - does not mean she did not transfer her weight....getting the "hips" into does not guarantee "max power"

Turning the barrel behind the corner is only one part of the system...

What most can't see and have never felt and thus cannot teach is what the hitter's back is doing....most just see hip rotation and key in on that....hip rotation is a result of something else...

Her barrell launched rearward per all the great hitting guru's on this site. Watch the back foot. Did her weight transfer fully for max. power???
Got to get the hips into it for Max power. Before the turn....Thats the part where you turn the box and the hips move and the back foot comes off the ground.....Before launch... See ya the ball is gone

Is it only barrell turn? YES... I say this is more upper body swing. Turn it!!!
But it is a girl swinging and I like it, verses an mlb swing

ice_zpsc3399eae.gif

2zzp7wx.jpg

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Just because the rear foot did not drag or roll up on the toes - does not mean she did not transfer her weight....getting the "hips" into does not guarantee "max power"

Turning the barrel behind the corner is only one part of the system...

What most can't see and have never felt and thus cannot teach is what the hitter's back is doing....most just see hip rotation and key in on that....hip rotation is a result of something else...

Would you happen to want to share any video of hitters you have trained to do what you talk about?

Sl

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Some people have an agenda and add nothing to the conversation. Cannonball you were correct! Go to Hi and you will see numerous swings that have been posted on his dd!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl