Two slow motion college HR swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Not sure why I don't come up with some tricky screenname when I join these forums?

Ray- I have been working on that hip action in a regular swing. It takes some work but it is well worth it.
I've gotten close enough that I can start to explain it to DD and have it make some sense.

Last edited:
R

RayR

Can you explain what you mean "hip action" Tommy? I just want to be sure we are on the same page.

Not sure why I don't come up with some tricky screenname when I join these forums?

Ray- I have been working on that hip action in a regular swing. It takes some work but it is well worth it.
I've gotten close enough that I can start to explain it to DD and have it make some sense.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
When putting the SNF drill into a regular swing(2 feet facing the plate) an adjustment has to be made IMO to incorporate the feeling of the hip winning the battle because the front leg is now in play. When I say the front leg is in play I don't mean it is an active player in the drive but it does arrest momentum to some degree after launch so the timing of the launch(hip action) as it pertains to toe/heel touch can be tricky to learn. Tommy

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
When putting the SNF drill into a regular swing(2 feet facing the plate) an adjustment has to be made IMO to incorporate the feeling of the hip winning the battle because the front leg is now in play. When I say the front leg is in play I don't mean it is an active player in the drive but it does arrest momentum to some degree after launch so the timing of the launch(hip action) as it pertains to toe/heel touch can be tricky to learn. Tommy

Are you making a gradual turn to a regular swing?

Like toes forward is 90 degrees from plate swing there 10 times, swing at 45 degrees 10 times, swing with a slight open stance 10 times, then swing in a normal stace. It certainly is much easier with toes facing the pitcher, and sometimes needs you need to go back and forth in one hitting session. Hitting isn't easy.

The thought of "front leg catches the swing" seems to help also.

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
For myself I am trying to jump straight to a normal swing, no gradual about it. I may go back and swing at different angles this week to feel the change. I lost the feeling of lower back when I went square to the plate so I am toying with it right now

R

RayR

Eliminate your front leg as you gradually move back....you can have the front foot down and still not use it if you get my meaning....

For myself I am trying to jump straight to a normal swing, no gradual about it. I may go back and swing at different angles this week to feel the change. I lost the feeling of lower back when I went square to the plate so I am toying with it right now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl