Tryouts, tryouts, tryouts.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Been crazy for about a month or so in Georgia. Winding down now and highschool and middle school ball tourneys start tomorrow.

Watching it play out this year, it makes me more and more convinced that players/parents hold most of the cards. So many teams still needing 1-2 players.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
If someone made a word-cloud for Oklahoma social media over the last 30 days it would just be three giant words:

BRACKET READY PITCHER

May 6, 2015
07's seem to be more scarce than other age groups, so that's been something we've had to deal with for a while anyway.
we found same to be true in our area, where are you at (assuming your DD is an 07, mine is, and for the past 2.5 years she has either been a year behind or a year ahead of the majority of her teammates, and thus changing teams)

Jul 2, 2013
We play fall school ball in MO so tryouts are earlier for 14U and above. There are still the teams that had their tryouts and are looking for that unicorn player. The rest of the tryout traffic is younger teams.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
I don't know what is is like in other parts of the country but our local fast pitch Facebook page is blowing up with tryouts and teams looking for players (especially pitchers and catchers). Big clubs and independents are all posting often. I have a feeling that there are kids walking away from SB and it's putting some teams in a bind.
Around here there are so many more teams than there were 10 gears ago tryouts go on for 3 weeks. 2/3 of the teams grandfather the roster. So the movement is somewhat subdued. The real action occurs in u16 and u18. No tryouts per se just invitations and lots of movement as players and coaches look for that player or team who can make a difference or fit their abilities.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr