Tryouts, tryouts, tryouts.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I don't know what is is like in other parts of the country but our local fast pitch Facebook page is blowing up with tryouts and teams looking for players (especially pitchers and catchers). Big clubs and independents are all posting often. I have a feeling that there are kids walking away from SB and it's putting some teams in a bind.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
IDK, it always seems to be like it this time of year. Not sure I have seen a spike. Maybe need to pay more attention.

Pitchers are golden all year round.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
It does get annoying this time of year when your FB feed is nothing but tryouts. Especially when you are done. Some teams post every hour on the hour. Look a little desperate.

Jul 1, 2019
It seems that in our area its more an issue of more teams popping up and thinning the quality a bit. 07's seem to be more scarce than other age groups, so that's been something we've had to deal with for a while anyway. Even many of the higher level teams are all having a little trouble finding 3 high quality pitchers, teams that I wouldn't expect to have trouble finding them. Every #2 or 3 pitcher wants to be #1, and there are currently enough teams for them to find a home where they can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr