Trivial info on SEC players (height/bat/state)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Nice job CB. You all know that those heights are self-reported and typically inflated, right? My 5'5" self-reported DD (she's actually 5'5.5", but that's not 5'6", Dad, so that would not be true") was very surprised to discover that she was taller than the 5'6" and 5'7" players on her team.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Nice job CB. You all know that those heights are self-reported and typically inflated, right? My 5'5" self-reported DD (she's actually 5'5.5", but that's not 5'6", Dad, so that would not be true") was very surprised to discover that she was taller than the 5'6" and 5'7" players on her team.

Good point...I've noticed this on our team. Maybe they measure with their cleats on:)
I'd love to see this by position.

Sep 3, 2009
Good catch on Iamurri. When I transferred the data over to Excel, the players' heights (5-7) were converted into dates (May 7). When I manually changed them back heights, I changed Iamurri to 5-10 instead of 4-10. I went back and made sure that I didn't make that mistake on any others, and I don't believe that I did.

Thanks!

No problem. I just remember her from reading an article about her. The kid has ALOT of heart, and is a true competitor.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I'm pretty sure there is a lady <5' on Alabama's roster, or used to be. Think she was right at 4'10" or 4'11". I don't think she would have graduated yet, but could be wrong.

EDIT..

Just found it.

32 Ryan Iamurri Infielder 4-10 JR Naples, Fla. (Naples)

IIRC, the story was that Iamurri came over as a walk on with Traina. ? Iamurri's dad was their TB coach.

Sep 3, 2009
IIRC, the story was that Iamurri came over as a walk on with Traina. ? Iamurri's dad was their TB coach.

Yes, I believe that was it. Tried looking for the article again, but couldn't find it. I thought someone had posted it here on this site a few years ago.

Apr 11, 2012

A former DII pitcher is the pitching coach on my DD's TB team. She told me she is 5'4" but I am 5'3.5" and am taller than her. My 5'2" daughter is taller than her with her cleats on. I looked up her college profile and she was listed as 5'5".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl