Total Control Sports Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
How far do you all toss these from? I've been stuck in our garage for bp so I have to toss from about 10 feet away and they will knock the net into me. I toss with very little arc...is that what is recommended? We do about 20 balls mixed in with mini wiffles etc...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Your set up sounds fine. I guess, I would be at 20-25 feet outside. I don't use a net. That is the good thing about them. You can leave the net at home.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I use the baseball sized ones- they are great! indoor BP, bp before a game, great for tournaments.
I have been unable to get confirmation from a bat company that use of these will not void a bat warrantee, but many folks on this board have been using them for years with no bat breakage problems. these balls don't leave any discernable marks on a barrell like the dimpled balls do.

I do some soft toss but mostly front toss, throwing flat. distance I give them depends on the hitting ability of the team, but I can stand pretty close

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
How far do you all toss these from? I've been stuck in our garage for bp so I have to toss from about 10 feet away and they will knock the net into me. I toss with very little arc...is that what is recommended? We do about 20 balls mixed in with mini wiffles etc...

Sounds good. IMO, the more often you get drilled behind the net, the better.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
We have the baseball sized ones and do 6 reps at a time with other stations. I have heard the rumors of potential bat damage but our girls all use their live bats and we have not seen any problems. We suggest they don't use their good bats when hitting dimpled balls.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have always used the smaller ones - they are heavy enough to serve the purpose and they are a lot easier to transport to/from the field.

Jun 18, 2010
We have been using the baseball sized TCB wiffle balls. They go quite a bit farther than the solid TCBs. After about 6 months of use the wiffles are starting to split in various places. The wiffles work pretty good front tossing in the garage during the winter when we are forced inside, only minor wall marks ;)

Apr 1, 2010
The slightly smaller baseball-size TCBs hadn't come out yet when I bought mine, so I've got 18 of the larger original size (not the Atomic-sized). They are great. I wouldn't think there'd be much difference, but DD will have to stick with the ones I already have. :)

I do front toss from about 10 feet away--I'd dearly love to move farther back but I'm notoriously inaccurate. I use them outside without a net: just try to dodge them. When DD was younger, I generally made her stop after once or twice through the bag, but now I'll let her hit until she gets bored or I get tired of tossing them. We also use the TCB whiffle balls; they do fly farther, but they're a great change of pace. I find it a little harder to dodge them than the regular TCBs, but they don't sting nearly as much as being hit with a hard plastic whiffle.

I'm intrigued by the new golf ball sized TCBs. Has anyone tried them?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle