Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
You must be playing dumb...wait, nvm, you don’t have to play (hint: I was being hyperbolic)

Were you not talking about that it applies to “good” teams at the 10U level as well? Eg you were feeling left out with all the 16’s and 18’s talk so you needed to chime in.
I said it applies to all age groups for truly national organizations. I was just having a conversation, not trying to be a smart a$$. Not inferring you have to try, that is just normal for you.

Jun 8, 2016
Also National organizations and National teams are not interchangeable descriptions…

May 16, 2016
Illinois
soo would love to hear what the team fee ranges are for some of these teams
The range would be $0 - $5,000. Very few are playing for free but certainly happens if you are that truly elite player. DD play for the Beverly Bandits the cost is $3,300 per year.

That does not include travel costs. I do not know of any teams that will cover a players travel costs in the softball world.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The range will vary greatly based on location, number of events, quality of events, whether uniforms are included, and if your coaches are paid or volunteers.

We pay $4,800 for the RI Thunder with a discount for certain payment options. We have paid coaches, four sets of uniforms, and 40 hours of practices with a retired 25 year D1 coach. We also play in 13 tournaments per year. I believe the regional teams in the organization pay about $3,600. There are other organizations who charge as high as $7,500.

Feb 15, 2017
If by displace you mean cut players, yes they do. For the very top level teams it is all about winning, that takes priority over everything.
Or two teams combine into one in the middle of the night right before PGF so they can win the premier division. Said team then cuts half the players after PGF. A year later the team doesn't win as much as there's no chemistry, and said team then breaks up again after a poor showing at PGF the next year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
Or two teams combine into one in the middle of the night right before PGF so they can win the premier division. Said team then cuts half the players after PGF. A year later the team doesn't win as much as there's no chemistry, and said team then breaks up again after a poor showing at PGaf the next year.

Hmmmm wonder what team this was lol….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Hmmmm wonder what team this was lol….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had their last game they played against each other before they combined. The two coaches spent more time talking to each other before and after the game than I've ever seen two coaches talk.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06