Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Or two teams combine into one in the middle of the night right before PGF so they can win the premier division. Said team then cuts half the players after PGF. A year later the team doesn't win as much as there's no chemistry, and said team then breaks up again after a poor showing at PGF the next year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
They played well in the middle of the season from what I remember..beginning and end not so much.

May 17, 2023
Yup, the franchise teams are often not at the National level. Look at the Birmingham Thunderbolts as an example. They had 11 premier teams this year and 40 franchised teams. No disrespect meant to those other 40 teams, but they're not at the same level as the premier teams.

Good example of this we had a girl come practice with DD team who played for one of their teams. Coach said she had been playing at "really high level". First couple practices could tell wasn't very strong. I looked up their schedule from the previous year and they had been getting beat by USSSA B and C level teams.

So yeah they got to wear a Tbolts jersey, but were driving across several states to get beat by local teams.

Jun 8, 2016
Org dues(basically to cover indoor facilities),unis,coach pay, tournament fees is probably about $2500 per year. At least 2/3 of our cost is due to travel and even though we are "National" we don't travel nearly as much as many National teams..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad