this is probably the only place

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
Yes, most likely. My dad has a friend, they used to play golf together. They can't anymore. His friend can't, literally can't hit a golf ball anymore. There is nothing physically wrong with him.

He just can't mentally do it. His friend completely quit playing golf altogether because he could not hit a ball anymore.
There was a girl in our organization that was a phenomenal catcher that couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. It was the strangest thing - she had a great arm for throwing out runners, but would throw the ball in the dirt back to the pitcher 90% of the time. With no one on she would go out and underhand toss to the pitcher, with runners on she would throw behind them so that the players covering the bases would have to throw it back to the pitcher. She was a great hitter as well. I think it got so bad that they eventually had to move her to another position.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Remember back in rec ball or really any level? Get it to the pitcher and stop throwing the ball around. That alone reduces the errors and runs. I can remember yelling. Pitcher! Pitcher! Pitcher!

Woulda, shoulda, coulda! If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I got no softball until DD plays her fall games. That reminds me. I need to cancel my ESPN subscription. Maybe I'll go find an Alliance event in the next couple of weekends.

Jun 8, 2016
Remember back in rec ball or really any level? Get it to the pitcher and stop throwing the ball around. That alone reduces the errors and runs. I can remember yelling. Pitcher! Pitcher! Pitcher!

Woulda, shoulda, coulda! If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I got no softball until DD plays her fall games. That reminds me. I need to cancel my ESPN subscription. Maybe I'll go find an Alliance event in the next couple of weekends.
Not sure where you are in TX but TX Glory Shootout starts next Thurs. I haven’t looked at 18’s but I assume there are some good teams in it.

Aug 17, 2019
There was a girl in our organization that was a phenomenal catcher that couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. It was the strangest thing - she had a great arm for throwing out runners, but would throw the ball in the dirt back to the pitcher 90% of the time. With no one on she would go out and underhand toss to the pitcher, with runners on she would throw behind them so that the players covering the bases would have to throw it back to the pitcher. She was a great hitter as well. I think it got so bad that they eventually had to move her to another position.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia's story is similar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes