The kid is a MRS. now.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I didn't know whether to post this or not. My kid got married. We really like the young man she married. He was also a college athlete and understood her. At her wedding, her bridal party and 2 Maids of Honor were all former teammates. The reception was packed with former teammates and their parents. The wedding was somewhat huge for our area and cost slightly more than $5. To be honest, it was very humbling seeing all of those former teammates and their parents there. It meant so much to my wife and me. Her former coaches also showed up.

The Best Man, the groom's brother, gave his speech and it was a riot. He said that the fights between my daughter and his brother are legendary when they compete against each other. He said that they should produce athletes but also psycho children who must win everything. He said that he can imagine a house where everyone is competing for food at the table. He had the place laughing so hard.

I wish for all of your daughters the kinds of friends that my daughter has made due to softball. I started my speech off with a statement to the Maids of Honor. In my classroom, I had a quote on the wall that said, "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future." My daughter is who she is due to all of those good friends and family that she grew up and played ball with.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I didn't know whether to post this or not. My kid got married. We really like the young man she married. He was also a college athlete and understood her. At her wedding, her bridal party and 2 Maids of Honor were all former teammates. The reception was packed with former teammates and their parents. The wedding was somewhat huge for our area and cost slightly more than $5. To be honest, it was very humbling seeing all of those former teammates and their parents there. It meant so much to my wife and me. Her former coaches also showed up.

The Best Man, the groom's brother, gave his speech and it was a riot. He said that the fights between my daughter and his brother are legendary when they compete against each other. He said that they should produce athletes but also psycho children who must win everything. He said that he can imagine a house where everyone is competing for food at the table. He had the place laughing so hard.

I wish for all of your daughters the kinds of friends that my daughter has made due to softball. I started my speech off with a statement to the Maids of Honor. In my classroom, I had a quote on the wall that said, "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future." My daughter is who she is due to all of those good friends and family that she grew up and played ball with.
Fantastic share! Congratulations!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate

So many congratulations for your daughter and your son in law. I'm actually in the planning stages of my own wedding a little less than a 10 months from now. I know the time is going to go so fast and before we know it, I'll be getting married in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

I know the feeling about competitive in-laws. I'm the same way with my future BIL and SIL. I have a feeling our kids are either going to need help or Uber competitive.

I also can't wait to hear what my maids of honor have cooked up for my future hubby and my wedding night. I'm just hoping it's nothing that can be used against us and everyone has a good time.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So many congratulations for your daughter and your son in law. I'm actually in the planning stages of my own wedding a little less than a 10 months from now. I know the time is going to go so fast and before we know it, I'll be getting married in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

I know the feeling about competitive in-laws. I'm the same way with my future BIL and SIL. I have a feeling our kids are either going to need help or Uber competitive.

I also can't wait to hear what my maids of honor have cooked up for my future hubby and my wedding night. I'm just hoping it's nothing that can be used against us and everyone has a good time.
One of my daughter's Maids of Honor gave a great speech. She told the guest that she was there the day my daughter hit her first home run. She was there the day she ate her first hamburger. She was there the day my daughter met her husband. It was pretty serious. Then, she mentioned that every Christmas they all congregated at our house and spent the night/weekend. She said that those times were some of the best in her life. Then she mentioned how she was so honored to be one of the Maids of Honor. The other Maid of Honor was more of what you mentioned. She went all out on revealing things like the time the 3 of them went to get their "friend's tattoo." She talked about the time her and my daughter went to a university in Tennessee to see "this guy." Both thought that the other liked the guy and neither did. LOL It was a funny speech.

Congratulations on your engagement. May happiness follow you and your fiance all throughout your life.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
One of my daughter's Maids of Honor gave a great speech. She told the guest that she was there the day my daughter hit her first home run. She was there the day she ate her first hamburger. She was there the day my daughter met her husband. It was pretty serious. Then, she mentioned that every Christmas they all congregated at our house and spent the night/weekend. She said that those times were some of the best in her life. Then she mentioned how she was so honored to be one of the Maids of Honor. The other Maid of Honor was more of what you mentioned. She went all out on revealing things like the time the 3 of them went to get their "friend's tattoo." She talked about the time her and my daughter went to a university in Tennessee to see "this guy." Both thought that the other liked the guy and neither did. LOL It was a funny speech.

Congratulations on your engagement. May happiness follow you and your fiance all throughout your life.
My maids of honor and I have been through so much together. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have cooked up.😀 There are so many stories of the shenanigans we've done and the parties we've crashed. 😆 We have stories of crashed thanksgivings, Christmases, Easters, barbecues, and pool parties. We also have two matching tattoos in our favorite colors and we each got a piercing together that connects us. We've got some more craziness planned since we graduate this year and have another season of softball together...only I'll be married for my fifth year.

Thank you for the congratulations. My fiance makes me so happy and I'm happy were starting to get closer to our wedding day. We haven't decided how we're going to tie everything together especially with us liking rival teams which will make family get togethers interesting.

May 16, 2019
Thanks for sharing it gave this softball egomaniacs a moment to reflect on the important things like family, relationships, and memories with those we love. Here's to your future may it be a bright one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying