Thanks, Josh! (lynkspyder)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
I love America's small businesses, so I just wanted to send a quick shout-out to Josh - creator of the Lynkspyder - for his incredible customer service. I reached out to him in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and he informed me that he could, in fact, get an order out the very same day.

By Friday afternoon, I had my new Lynkspyder in hand and within minutes, it was all set up and ready to go for the weekend. He even gave me his number and said to call if I had any questions or concerns. I'd already watched his videos, so setup was a breeze.

At least 2 dozen people (including most of the umpires) asked me about my setup and I told them it was really easy to set up/take down and was much better than using a tripod or bungee cords or anything of the sort.

For those of you who've been on the fence (pun too apropos not to use!) about purchasing a Lynkspyder for your Go Pro, I encourage you to go ahead and pull the trigger. It's well worth the money.

Thanks again, Josh!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Thanks so much for the shout out. We are a travel ball family, and we sure enjoy helping others who also chase their kids around the country. Glad we were able to get you what you needed.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Thanks so much for the shout out. We are a travel ball family, and we sure enjoy helping others who also chase their kids around the country. Glad we were able to get you what you needed.

We have a Sony Handycam and I saw that you have a universal mount. How does it work with the bigger cameras?

May 9, 2014
We have a Sony Handycam and I saw that you have a universal mount. How does it work with the bigger cameras?

I use a multiple camera mount with mine, its basically like the ones they use to take 3D pictures with two cameras, but it would also allow you to mount a much larger camera. So it is definitely possible, and you can be certain the lynkspider is strong enough, the thing is impressively machined.

I use the multiple camera mount to mount my camera further back with my pocket radar in the foreground and it works fantastic. it records the actions and the pitch speed for me.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I use a multiple camera mount with mine, its basically like the ones they use to take 3D pictures with two cameras, but it would also allow you to mount a much larger camera. So it is definitely possible, and you can be certain the lynkspider is strong enough, the thing is impressively machined.

I use the multiple camera mount to mount my camera further back with my pocket radar in the foreground and it works fantastic. it records the actions and the pitch speed for me.

I keep meaning to ask you, if you don't mind, could you take a picture with your multi camera mount? Curious what that looks like.

May 9, 2014
I keep meaning to ask you, if you don't mind, could you take a picture with your multi camera mount? Curious what that looks like.

Basically just a slotted piece of aluminum with both a large and small tripod hole in the middle (larger works for some microhpone stands, I just use an adapter

2014-09-09 10.39.02.jpg

In each slot, you have a tripod screw, which has a threaded stud out the top, and is threaded to receive the same on the bottom.

2014-09-09 10.39.09.jpg

I attach it differently depending on the situation, sometimes I use the middle hole to attach it and stock the dual camera mount through the fence, with the camera behind the fence and the radar in front of the fence (where I can do so without being in danger of interfering with the play)

The lynkspider makes it easier, I formerly just used a tripod which gets hit by spectators too easily.

Feb 5, 2013
Reviving an old thread here ...

But also wanted to thank Josh from LynkSpyder for great service. There was a hiccup with our order for Christmas and he set it straight. Great service and many thanks!

Mar 24, 2014
Josh has been helpful from day one for me. Every time I am looking for information Josh has been there to help out. First he answered a bunch of questions about the GoPro cameras prior to my purchase. Then I bought the Lynkspyder camera mount, which has worked out awesome for our team. Constantly getting comments about the camera mount so send them to the Lynkspyder website (hope it helped out your business). Lately I've had issues with different video software and corrupt files. Josh provided some info and a link to repair corrupt files...worked out.

So, whenever I run into any issues I just tell everybody time to get in touch with Josh!

Jun 12, 2015
I've lost count of how many other softball parents have seen me putting up the camera and asked about the mount. It really is a genius invention. I'm very thankful for it, since it's allowed me to have games to watch during the off season when I miss it so much. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sostrejr2002