Tee drills

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
What would some of you consider to be the best or favorite hitting drills with the tee? Me... I like the stop at contact/ extension/ full swing progression drill (3 of each)...thoughts out there?

May 1, 2018
What would some of you consider to be the best or favorite hitting drills with the tee? Me... I like the stop at contact/ extension/ full swing progression drill (3 of each)...thoughts out there?
I think Tee Work depends on the player. Every player has a different problem in their swing...... once you figure out what that is....then I pick a drill that fits them.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD seems to creep back to Out-and-Around swings when she gets in a funk. I like this drill because it truly simplifies aspects of hitting (being able to barrel up a ball with imperfect timing). I don't buy into a lot of the wording of the video, but I do like being able to focus on being able to barrel up a ball that traveled a bit too much.

Apr 9, 2020
one of my pet peeves I see online in social media is tee placement, I see all these young athletes putting in work in garages , living rooms and in basements ripping at the bal. we never ever utilized a tee without a PLATE PRESENT. for a few reasons one you want o be able to reproduce your swing from practice to game in the box with your position in relation to the plate, second moving the tee around in relation to plate dictates point of contact (inside out in front middle at front of plate and the outside letting it travel little deeper) how can you do that with no plate present. seeing videos of kids ripping online with great mechanics but just rolling over or pushing the ball is usually because they are to close or too far from tee bc no plate is presents in the beginning at home we used cardboard cutout of plate and taped the batters box on floor, as she progressed and wanted to play at higher level we invested in more expensive tee, a real plate and the mats that goes under the tee that also can measure stride length just to be able to reproduce what we would do in a game. my daughter was taught it isn't quantity but quality of the work she puts in..also with tee work do no stare at the tee while hitting, have the athlete start in stance staring or looking out at the where the pitcher will be and then track her eyes into ball on tee just like in real games..

as far as drills there are som many depending on what aspect of swing your working on.. extension with two tees one in front of other, low to high tee drills to get on plane, one hand to contact, also look at flight of ball off tee which direction based on tee placement it is a time to breakdown swing and see what needs adjustment , it is utilized each and every time we hit, look at videos of trout and Freddie freeman they tee work daily

no expert but just have logged alot of hours at practices camps games and have embarrassed my daughter because I asked questions while at these lessons or camps , not to single her out but to be able to understand what each drill or mechanical outcome is needed so when we would work on our own we were doing it correctly ...if you re are coach or instructor or dad has your kid ever been asked by the person in charge if it makes sense ", "understand " "you got It" and they say anything other then yes! lol. I teach in my professional area of expertise (not in softball) but newbies are always assistant me when I work and I try and ask them one if they understand and two to explain it back to me. if someone can teach another person the same thing then they in fact understand and grasp it not just a robot.. even if they don't do it correctly initially but understand the WHY then with practice and determination it will happen ...

hope this helps and enjoy al the knowledge on this forum and the great people associated with it...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414