Teaching how to properly hold a softball...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Is 10 y/o too early for Wasserman's water bottle drill? I think not. I see 16u players that do not hold the ball correctly and have poor throwing mechanics. Fixing poor throwing mechanics is very difficult. Teach them correctly as early as possible.

Jun 18, 2023
Is 10 y/o too early for Wasserman's water bottle drill? I think not. I see 16u players that do not hold the ball correctly and have poor throwing mechanics. Fixing poor throwing mechanics is very difficult. Teach them correctly as early as possible.
*googles*
oh, I like that. Might see if it helps my 9yo tonight. Though I do find some of the 10u kids struggle with the abstraction a bit. not holding an actual softball, but the water feedback might help with that.

Oct 4, 2018
*googles*
oh, I like that. Might see if it helps my 9yo tonight. Though I do find some of the 10u kids struggle with the abstraction a bit. not holding an actual softball, but the water feedback might help with that.

I've liked that drill/example. By the time I saw it, it was more "hand the half bottle to my kid and show her how to hold and pretend throw it and then pray it's right".

Fortunately it was just confirmation that she's good and I could get back to finishing my Coke Zero.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01