Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Jeannie, “being successful” in fastpitch is being able to put a good swing on the best pitching a hitter commonly encounters and hit balls hard. Hitting “good” pitching is all that matters. That’s my definition of success.

You gotta remember, the is is the “Technical Hitting“ section. Some people love the minutia of hitting. The threads here go on and on here about things most of us can’t see.

I don’t think most parents and even most team coaches need to know this stuff. While I read at least part of most of these threads, I feel bogged down by details here. The regular posters don’t. They thrive on the little things. That’s ok!

If the details in these threads don’t speak to you, that’s ok too.

I got both of my kids to D1 schools on their hitting. Neither saw a real hitting coach until they were out of hs and both set pretty much every hitting record there is at our small hs. My buddies two DD’s that I worked with were close #3 and #4. My younger dd sees a professional hitting coach now. She is a sophomore in college. He is super technical, way above my head. He has improved her. But she still hits with me most days she is home from school and I focus on “practicing” her, she works on her swing. All I care about is that she is seeing the ball and is on time.

You don’t need to know this stuff. In fact, I think a lot of people get bogged down in details and promote paralysis by analysis in their players. You don’t have to know anything to throw balls through a screen with a realistic trajectory and notice when the hitter hits a ball hard. You don’t have to be a hitting genius to notice when the hitter pulls inside pitches and takes outside pitches oppo. You don’t have to be a softball genius to know that pitchers really like to throw the ball low and outside, and if a young player can hit that pitch hard she will do really well.
Well, as I said, I am wanting to learn because I find it fascinating, even when it goes way over my head.
You came into a technical hitting forum to bi&$@ about technical hitting discussion ? Makes perfect sense..
I’m not bitching??? Leave me alone, bully.

Oct 3, 2019
Why don’t you take your anger somewhere else. Maybe you get away with bullying in your personal life, but I’ll call you out every time. What other reason do I have for reading this extremely long thread? What other reason to even be on this forum than to learn; except for people like you who clearly know everything already. It seems you’re threatened when people ask questions and then jump in and act like you need to defend yourself. What’s up with that? No need to answer. Seems you are the one who needs to develop a tougher skin...bully. Is that your answer to everyone you attack needlessly?

Jun 8, 2016
Why don’t you take your anger somewhere else. Maybe you get away with bullying in your personal life, but I’ll call you out every time. What other reason do I have for reading this extremely long thread? What other reason to even be on this forum than to learn; except for people like you who clearly know everything already. It seems you’re threatened when people ask questions and then jump in and act like you need to defend yourself. What’s up with that? No need to answer. Seems you are the one who needs to develop a tougher skin...bully. Is that your answer to everyone you attack needlessly?
Just to be 100 % clear, do you think I am a bully? I cannot really tell..

Anyway, if you really want to learn, kudos. Seems to me like you had an axe to grind but if not then keep reading..

Oct 3, 2019
Just toward women. Your responses to men who ask questions is, well, practically flirtatious. But that's just my opinion, can't really tell.

May 11, 2014
Unfortunately If a person uses the search button and reads some of the original posts, it really seems more discussionish as compared to now where it is almost attack mode. It also seemed more focused on ladies/women/ girls softball and not men's baseball. But that's my opinion.

Apr 11, 2015
6KCYirK_AKyyGoDbmdL9e0V2Iuu1RUdjxqzBCoisZi2Iewhh8EbPqF6m9IFBHtP0GeELDZ3OojAtyM7Kdp_512AXpp0tVab1w-l41AT460d4_WSJ0EUxEaZ-6fLZczVj2RsOSEn55ZYS0EVFZHHIPyHWGul2GeG8DB8y
rubiok-opps.gif

😁😁

Dec 11, 2010
Idk- it used to get pretty brutal here.

Teacherman Jr. could be a real sweetheart. His content was strong enough that most forgave him for his jerkiness. Till he got banned. He ran off some good posters before that happened though.

I think the tech hitting forum has always been the Wild West. Anyone that can’t take the heat should avoid it.

Did I mention that I like “1883”?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles