Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
lol. Bonds movements are so clean. It’s just easy to see.

the knee just needs to in a good position before launch. Every good hitter has the knee ‘release’ or push before the hands go. Some are at toe touch, some are later. It needs to be sequential.
BIg difference in release and push. Also how can it be sequential if some are at toe touch and some are later. Isn't there only one sequence that is right?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
BIg difference in release and push. Also how can it be sequential if some are at toe touch and some are later. Isn't there only one sequence that is right?

maybe ‘pivot’ would be a better description. I feel a pivot and push. But the knee needs to get ‘down’ if there is gonna be ‘good’ oblique stretch against the hips extending.

the pivoting of the knee needs to happen before the hands launch. That’s the sequence I’m referring too. Did I clarify it better?

do you see Mike(s) doing this? I do.

1641064177939.gif

1641064269118.gif

I feel like it’s easy to feel when you swing down. Squish the bug my friend. 😳🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yeah, those things too. You're saying there's one way only? :sneaky:
I've seen many an ugly swing, from girls that have very high, hard contact rate and Avg. Who knows, maybe they're just doing it with their arms...

The physics and biomechanics are the same.

Yes, using the hands and arms is easy. Hitting on a 200ft field can be done with the hands/arms.

Feb 25, 2020
Wow, what is the biggest bat ever used? Who uses the biggest bat today?
Those are some good questions. Not sure about the biggest bats ever.

To be fair, I think schmidt downsized to a 35" later in his career(maybe middle of).

I think Judge uses/has used 35". Josh Hamilton and Alfonso Soriano also used 35".

Jun 8, 2016
Those are some good questions. Not sure about the biggest bats ever.

To be fair, I think schmidt downsized to a 35" later in his career(maybe middle of).

I think Judge uses/has used 35". Josh Hamilton and Alfonso Soriano also used 35".
Guys in the early 20th century used some big bats. I think Babe Ruth used something like a 40” 40 oz bat.

Feb 25, 2020
Guys in the early 20th century used some big bats. I think Babe Ruth used something like a 40” 40 oz bat.

I read Ruth used some really heavy ones. I wonder if they were much more than 36" long though. I read Dick Allen used some heavy 36" bats, something like 38 oz.

Anyways, I wondered about Schmidts bat size a few days ago after my 10 y/o DD took a cut with a 34" wood bat, just foolin around, and she said it felt like it was impossible to keep the barrel up.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Jeannie

I’m really not serious about saying there isn’t style difference’s. There are better ways of swinging a bat. There are dead ends. There are discoveries.

Paralysis by analysis only happens if you don’t understand what your looking at. If you understand the swing you can tell what needs improved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse