Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So you just contract some core muscles and everything works itself out right?

Here is another drill that helps isolate the middle while allowing the legs to be supporters (if you're truly interested).

oZLHBLw.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray

Early on I thought the initial start of the swing was to finish off the stretch. So yes he is stretching, although that is the start of the swing. Stretching is built into the swing.

The clip I posted was from the launch position and into the sequence.

May 12, 2016
Julray

Here is the swing starting before toe touch and before heel plant.

You don’t wait until heel plant and then start the swing like TDS is saying about getting FYB. That is to late. You start the swing before heel plant in order for the swing and sequence to have rhythm.

Just like you TTB barrel before the turn as shown by the elbow starting to lower. You pre tune everything. You don’t wait until foot plant and then decide to swing.

Another cue I like is to tilt before the tilt. So you are ready to tilt when it’s time.

Same way with Bo starting before foot plant. Everything is pre tuned.

Sorry if this information confirms the FYB is not a position.

giphy.gif
Here's a clearer vid
gif (63).gif

Bichette really opens up at toe touch(points toe to pitcher) which drags the back leg along because there is so much stretch , so I can understand why this misleads in regards to the rear leg action.

You don't think this is FYB?
1626982915682.png

May 21, 2018
Here is another drill that helps isolate the middle while allowing the legs to be supporters (if you're truly interested).

oZLHBLw.gif
Cool drill but there is a lot going on there other than contracting the core.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here's a clearer vid
View attachment 23159

Bichette really opens up at toe touch(points toe to pitcher) which drags the back leg along because there is so much stretch , so I can understand why this misleads in regards to the rear leg action.

You don't think this is FYB?
View attachment 23160

There is no FYB, it’s just something you pass through. It might be a check point, but not a position. The launch position is the only position.

May 12, 2016
There is no FYB, it’s just something you pass through. It might be a check point, but not a position. The launch position is the only position.
FYB and launch coincides... every great hitter gets to FYB. Of course they don't stop there and wait for a bus(even though they can if they wanted to).. the swing launches from that balanced leveraged position.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves