Susie Parra Arizona vs Lisa Fernandez Ucla 1993 CWS final game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
There is also a difference in the more movement of the old white balls vs the lessor movement of the new yellow ball the texture on the outside different.
That discussion is very difficult to discuss because have to have seen hands-on experience of how the same pitchers were affected by a different ball.
It was noticeable!
However I don't think that's applicable to watching this game because the performance is what it is.
Everyone using the same ball I believe that's the yellow one.

As to your hitting discussion.
About mechanics discussion.
LOL even the people in the technical hitting forum cannot seem to agree on what is best. (simply mechanics are a revolving topic)
Nor do the best hitters all use the same mechanics.

What I find most important is,
Success is success.
There is more than one way to reach success. Especially when success is already in the books debating if it was successful or not is irrelevant.

Know the hitting mechanics that I use then have taught them for many years. To softball players who continue to reach success and their experience in top levels of playing currently today.
Myself would continue to use the hitting mechanics I used then in today's game.
*Because the mechanics are successful. 💪
Not because of a calendar date. 🙂

Good luck with whatever mechanics you choose for yourself.
What are the mechanics that you teach? I am always willing to learn

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What are the mechanics that you teach? I am always willing to learn

I think this…

giphy.gif

Feb 25, 2020
Interesting Lisa Fernandez stats... freshmen to senior year HR numbers 1,2,1,11(!). Senior year was the ball change no?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
holy cow... at the 19:55 mark.. "The one handed bunt." Would this be legal today if she stayed in the box?
Yes.

Drag / Sneak bunts are often one handed!
I like doing a one-handed drag/drop the bat down sneak bunt from the right side because it would block my hands and bat from the view of the 3rd baseman.
(Helping to hurt defense reaction time)
Last minute bat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles