Summer Season Travel Ball~ what team are you with?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
my DD is with Indiana Magic Gold '08 National - Moore. They are at Top Gun this weekend.

As for following teams, my GC is overloaded with tons of teams and kids we follow and cheer for!

Top Gun.jpg

Nov 23, 2021
SC
all these added adjectives to the team names trip me out, Gold, National, gold national, Elite, Select, Premier, futures, etc! just a name and year please, stop with the fluff

Jun 8, 2016
all these added adjectives to the team names trip me out, Gold, National, gold national, Elite, Select, Premier, futures, etc! just give me a name and year please, stop with the fluff
Don't necessarily disagree but if you actually want to follow the teams in 2022, as the OP stated, you need the actual name which includes the "fluff". I doubt any of the posters named the teams themselves. Also Impact Gold is the actual name of the org so the Gold isn't an adjective..

Nov 23, 2021
SC
yea i know, its the organizations doing all the naming. haven't played any golds here in the southeast so just figured it was another fancy addon.

although i like gold, premier, take your pick better than hot sticks, hot pants, hot shots, etc haha

Aug 6, 2013
yea i know, its the organizations doing all the naming. haven't played any golds here in the southeast so just figured it was another fancy addon.

although i like gold, premier, take your pick better than hot sticks, hot pants, hot shots, etc haha
When daughter was younger we always used to make fun of the teams with all those adjectives in their name. Then we moved and she joined a 16U team - The Virginia Legends 16U Rogers. Well when she moved up to 18U is when the team added the Premier tag. However the 18U has been named that for the most of the 30 years the org has been in existence we learned. I guess it was just a distinguisher that this was the highest level "national level" team in the org? Who knows but I always add the premier as habit after reading and editing all of Haley's recruiting emails.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Back in the day, teams would slap on the Gold moniker only if they were play ASA Gold tourneys. DD attended tryouts at her former TB organization and the director announced their 2nd 18U team earned Gold status. He went on to say that it means alot and he takes the Gold moniker serious.

I would hate to be following a kid on a Bomber's team. Talk about confusing. So you are on the National team? Yes. It's the Gold Team? Yes. Wait, what is this American Gold National Team then? Uh, that's not my team? What about the Academy team? Never mind.

Hey kid, I tried to find your team on Sunday but could tell which team was yours. There were 6 bomber teams out of 8 playing on that quadplex.

Aug 6, 2013
Back in the day, teams would slap on the Gold moniker only if they were play ASA Gold tourneys. DD attended tryouts at her former TB organization and the director announced their 2nd 18U team earned Gold status. He went on to say that it means alot and he takes the Gold moniker serious.

I would hate to be following a kid on a Bomber's team. Talk about confusing. So you are on the National team? Yes. It's the Gold Team? Yes. Wait, what is this American Gold National Team then? Uh, that's not my team? What about the Academy team? Never mind.

Hey kid, I tried to find your team on Sunday but could tell which team was yours. There were 6 bomber teams out of 8 playing on that quadplex.
Honestly the Premier tag for DD's team might be because of PGF now that you say that. Back in KC when she played for the Peppers there was a Pepper's Gold and I have no doubt it was because of exactly what you say in your first sentence. The Peppers Gold team was coached by Dan Eakin, old school guy - his teams wore shorts until his last year coaching (like 2 years ago), lol.

Jan 28, 2017
Had a bigger organization tell me that 18U was premier, 16U elite, 14U select, and forgot 12u but they have multiple teams in each division. No sure if this is command or not and not sure why he randomly told me this last weekend. LOL

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Honestly the Premier tag for DD's team might be because of PGF now that you say that. Back in KC when she played for the Peppers there was a Pepper's Gold and I have no doubt it was because of exactly what you say in your first sentence. The Peppers Gold team was coached by Dan Eakin, old school guy - his teams wore shorts until his last year coaching (like 2 years ago), lol.
We have a Texas Peppers in the Houston area as well. And yes, we played the KC Peppers in the shorts in Co. Texas Blaze sports the shorts as well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414