State Athletic Association and Transfers: Ever dealt with something like this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Well...they denied eligibility without out a reason but with a statement that we could appeal to the Board Hearing next Wed...IF we could file everything by This Thurs afternoon. We will appeal to them too!

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
To update...we went to the Board of Directors hearing today...full eligibility was granted. It wasn't unanimous but enough of the board members voted yes.

A couple notes if your ever in this situation. One of the committee members and board members is a representative of your area ( i didn't know this until after the last denial). I specifically asked the state what his role was and they said he was a representative of me/us for our region. So i called him. He was very helpful in answering some questions I had.

I am thankful that there was enough board members listening and making the decision based on facts. A few of those that voted no...seemingly already had their decision made, they didn't look at us, didn't listen and they seemed to be doing something else.

Thanks for everyone’s input, we now get to buy that expensive jacket!

Nov 29, 2009
I support transfers with full eligibility to play any sport that the kid wants to play.
Government schools are funded with my tax dollars, how dare they decide when and for what reason my child should play any sport.
Grades should be the only reason that a child would not be eligible to play.
If we are truly a free America then stop trying to legislate every aspect of peoples lives.

CoachMom,

You missed the earlier post about why these rules are in effect. Football and Basketball abused the rules years ago forcing the State to put in tougher rules with regards to transferring schools when sports are involved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283