Speed v. Location

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2009
I am suffering greatly right now because of the combination of speed vs location - speed - was very good, the location, was my toes. I had just recovered from h1n1 enough that I could start my sprints again, and now I cant get a sandal on. I am too old for this. :mad: DD just grinned. Sadistic creature.

I've see that movie. :D

Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for the great information and sharing your expereince. I know my last question wasn't necessarily pitching related, but wanted to get some advice on the whole process. Regarding getting a PC early on for my DD, some people not involved in girls softball think I am crazy, but for me, I think it is crazy not to have a professional teach my DD the fundamentals early on. Why would we want to have her practice her "craft" with improper form from the get-go. I certaintly don't know what I'm doing (having never pitched a softball in a game). The other coaches on my team, while great parents and competent coaches are not equipped, even at this level, to bring much helpful advice to our pitching girls.

Regarding travel ball, there does not seem to be much middle ground. Either you play comp. rec or dedicate yourself year-round in travel. Aug - July seems brutal but maybe necessary to get the experience to improve. I do find it interesting that for all of the money spent on lessons, equipment, travel expenses, tournament fees that if one just saved that money and invested in the stock market our DD would have a nice nest egg to pay for college at 18? Of course they would miss out on softball and some wonderful experiences, etc.

This is very true. I am one of the few parents who probably got their money back. Had my DD went to a state school, i would have been way in the hole. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1