Softball Youth Majors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
It sounds like they are trying to mimic the racket the guy who owns the Cooperstown baseball tournament is doing with charging each player and coach. With no national affiliation mentioned I see absolutely no real value in that type of tournament for the minimum of $1105 for a serious travel team. If you're going to spend that kind of money head to a Disney tournament.

===WARNING===

Blatant thread hijack to follow!!!

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Do the serious travel baseball teams attend the Cooperstown tournament? It seems to me it's geared more towards rec level teams from what I've heard about it.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
The organization I am with has baseball also and we send our 12u team there. Its a pretty big deal. They are pretty serious.

Mar 26, 2013
I saw its $1105 a team. Seems a little steep.
It says no gate fee, so it's not steep compared to most week-long events with $40/person gate fees.

I know nothing about this one, so I can't say whether it's worth it or not.

Mar 26, 2013
There are actually 2 baseball tournament operations in Cooperstown. Dreams Park is much larger with around 1,350 12U teams/year and it is/was difficult to get into. All Star Village is smaller and mainly draws teams that didn't get into Dreams park. Serious teams definitely go, along with a wide range of others.

The Cooperstown events charge for each player and coach to cover their accommodations and meals in the on-site players village. Family and friends make separate arrangements.

Someone tried starting a FP version a few years ago in Nebraska (i.e. Cat Osterman Experience), but it didn't last.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
When no one on this site has heard of this before this post, you know it is not going to be a good sign of the quality of team attending.

Following through their links, it is the Baseball Youth group trying to expand into Softball. Pretty popular amongst the northern Florida/South Carolina travel baseball group I hear.

Too many options already. Going to be tough for them to establish themselves in softball with out some serious investment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom